Original topic:

Moving app folders

(Topic created on: 08-20-2019 05:06 AM)
Oldbroad
Active Level 4
Options
Others

I just recently purchased a Galaxy Tab S5e. What a sweet tablet. Anyway after a long drawn out rebuild my desktop folders.

Is it possible to move these folders as we do with regular apps when we transfer our contacts, files & app?

I have another question regarding Windows 10.  I wouldn't be asking if my laptop was not in shop having its upgraded more storage.  Nice what one can spurge on with their income tax return. I'm embarrassed to say that my laptop is the only piece of electronic equipment that is not Samsung. It's an Asus X75, 17.5". Anyway most of my learn has  been trial and error.  Will Microsoft's os allow to bunch apps into folder as with android. Thanks in advance for your help in advance. Cheers Angela oldbroad Dodds

0 Likes
2 Comments
Others
You would be able to create a new folder, and place shortcuts to the apps you want. For example you create a folder called Microsoft Office and place shortcuts to Microsoft Office apps in that folder.
mytech
Expert Level 3
Others
To make an app folder on your Tablet..
On your main screen you swipe upwards from the middle of the screen to show all installed apps on the lower pages, if you touch and hold an app you will get a few options, add to homescreen, uninstall, select, and app info, if you tap" add to home screen" it will place in on your main home screen above now either swipe up from the bottom middle "the home button" or swipe downwards from the middle of the screen to bring you back to the home page. Now to group your apps, tap and hold which app you want to group and Slide on top of another app, you will see them in a folder now and you can tap where it says to name this folder.
You can also just find an app you want in a folder and tap and hold and drag through the pages but I personally find it easier to add to home screen 1st.

For computer, right click where you want a new folder choose "new" then "Folder" then it will be ready for you to type and name that folder. Now anything on your desktop, just left click on the icon and hold, then drag on top of the folder you want it in and let go of left mouse click.