Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Note 20 Ultra Battery Replacement

(Topic created on: 05-08-2022 09:41 PM)
RidzYusoff
Active Level 1
Options
Others
Does anyone knows how much does samsung charge for battery replacement for Note 20 Ultra?My phone already reaching 2yrs  and battery seems **bleep**.
6 Comments
Gadgetsguy
Active Level 3
Others
In June 2021 when I send in my S10 to Samsung Service Center in Singapore, I was told the replacement battery cost $360 because the OMLED LCD is attched with the battery, I found it ridiculous, this is definitely not environment friendly compared to the old times.

I believe Note 20 will cost $400 to $500 in Singapore for the battery replacement unless the Singapore Service Center lied, in order to get me buy a new phone instead.

Please do update me here if you have got the answer.
JP19
Expert Level 3
Others
Hey, I have to call out that the LCD is not attached to the battery. It's bs. My bro's S10+ back cover came off and I saw that it's not attached. My Note 10+ should be similar to it, as I disassembled and replaced the battery on my own, without having to meddle with the LCD.
Gadgetsguy
Active Level 3
Others
Thank you for your info. I really feel sick about my encounter at the Service Center. The service center customer service may have lied to me in this case. I really miss the old days when I can easily get the original replacement battery at S$68 in Singapore. I will see if I can get the incident to be report in the News media.

Currently I am using the S20 FE, because the S22 series no longer support external memory which I preferred to save personal data in with micro sd card instead of trusting the software upgrade that always caused the lost of data. I have no confidence in the cloud features as well.
JP19
Expert Level 3
Others
Hi there, yes the customer service representative probably doesn't know what he/she is saying. For other brands, I don't know if the LCD is glued to the battery. But I know for sure.. Samsung doesn't do that and some more, I opened up my Note 10+ before and replaced the battery, so I definitely know that the battery can be replaced separately from the LCD and the person is trying to "smoke" you into getting ur phone expensively repaired by them.

Yes, I reminisce those days, where batteries were much easily replaceable on our own 😪, like Note 4 and before. Batteries just cost like what u said only $68.

I see.. yes newer phones remove the microsd card support, which not all use it, but there are still people like u who actually need it. I realise that microsd can be very useful if let's say.. the phone spoils, and u can still access it easily by removing and connect to PC to save all the important files, or transferring it to new phone easily by slotting in and u can retrieve it instantly, rather than waiting for the data restoration.
JP19
Expert Level 3
Others
Hi, last year, I got quoted $125 (battery cost) + 53.50 (out of warranty labour fee) for my Note 10+. But this was just an estimated quote. Price could still be different after technician assessment. In the end, I chose to replace the battery myself. Bought a $20 battery and a $5 adhesive housing for back cover. Cost about $25 in total and replaced on my own. However, the downside is that water resistance is no longer guaranteed, since it's been opened before. So for your Note 20 Ultra, the price may vary around that range.
JP19
Expert Level 3
Others
Since your phone is already out of warranty, I would suggest looking for mobile shops instead, but never to expose your phone to water afterwards, as water resistance is no longer guaranteed. I made a mistake with my Note 10+, by trusting that back cover is sealed properly after my 2nd self replacement. The first time I did last year passed the water resistance, as I washed my phone with fresh water, no water seeped into my components. My 2nd replacement, which was about 2 weeks+ ago, my back cover seal was not tight and I went to wash it out. Dang.. water entered into my components and damaged the LCD. Though my phone could still power on, but there are green and pink vertical lines app appearing all over my screen.