Options
Others
places feature is no longer available
0 Likes
Khaled75
Expert Level 5
Options
Others
It means that after the Android 12 update, the Places feature is no longer available.
0 Likes
Options
Others

Hi, Eveready_Cat!

This just means that the Place feature in the Phone app will no longer be available on Samsung devices operating Android 12 and later, although older phones that are not eligible for Android 12 and phones not yet updating to Android 12 can still use the feature. You can read more about this statement here: https://www.hiya.com/samsung-places

0 Likes
EllisKai
Active Level 7
Options
Others
it means they will discontinue the "places" feature that was in the phone app (or dialer) for users to easily call businesses without going to business websites or searching for them online by ourselves.

why do they remove features? maybe not a lot of users use them and they realised those features aren't that important and would be a waste of time and effort to continue their support.

I really missed some features of older Galaxy phones but now I don't even remember what they were called though they were useful for me back then.
ah the air gestures, voice commands built in to clock and music app (without using Bixby) that feature that lets you read your messages on the curve of the screen when it's off (it was like rss feed what was it called aha). I could drag and drop data from excel to messages. those were the days..Screenshot_20220623-194327_Samsung Internet_31052_1655984607.jpg
0 Likes
Eveready_Cat
Active Level 4
Options
Others
Oh....
0 Likes