Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Openline

(Topic created on: 02-28-2021 06:07 PM)
cutearl
Options
Others
Can someone tell me what does open line mean when it comes to software update? Because i want to manually flash my phone to update it with firmware but theres an option between openline smart and globe what should i choose? How will i know if my phone is openline

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
RawAndReal
Active Level 10
Others
an open line handset doesn't restrict you from using any carrier sim. while the opposite is the same for carrier provided handsets. like if someone got his handset from Globe, then that phone was configured to detect only Globe signal, or Touch Mobile, I think. oftentimes, other handsets that have dual sim capabilities from carriers, only the primary sim is locked. so the 2nd sim is "open line". so for this case, the primary or SIM1 is restricted to Globe but for the 2nd SIM, you can use a smart SIM for calls and messaging, but I think not for data.

if you want to know if your phone has an open line, try using Globe and Smart after the other in the primary SIM slot. if both network is detected and you can make a call, send texts and use your data, it's pretty much open line.

View solution in context

Solution
RawAndReal
Active Level 10
Others
as for the software updates, there is sometimes a delay for the handset to get it when it's provided by a carrier. reaaon being is the added layer of configuration the carrier added to the handset. so the changes have to he tested as well from their end before rolling it out their users.

View solution in context

5 Comments
Solution
RawAndReal
Active Level 10
Others
an open line handset doesn't restrict you from using any carrier sim. while the opposite is the same for carrier provided handsets. like if someone got his handset from Globe, then that phone was configured to detect only Globe signal, or Touch Mobile, I think. oftentimes, other handsets that have dual sim capabilities from carriers, only the primary sim is locked. so the 2nd sim is "open line". so for this case, the primary or SIM1 is restricted to Globe but for the 2nd SIM, you can use a smart SIM for calls and messaging, but I think not for data.

if you want to know if your phone has an open line, try using Globe and Smart after the other in the primary SIM slot. if both network is detected and you can make a call, send texts and use your data, it's pretty much open line.
Others
oh okay thank you
0 Likes
RawAndReal
Active Level 10
Others
you're welcome. i hope this helps.
M4theusAlves
Beginner Level 4
Others

Taking advantage of my colleague's comment, do you recommend using the Open Line version for any carrier's chip, right? My phone is an A14 5G SM-A146P/DSN. I bought it in Switzerland, and I want to use a firmware that allows me to use a Brazilian SIM card. Which version would you recommend?

0 Likes
Solution
RawAndReal
Active Level 10
Others
as for the software updates, there is sometimes a delay for the handset to get it when it's provided by a carrier. reaaon being is the added layer of configuration the carrier added to the handset. so the changes have to he tested as well from their end before rolling it out their users.