Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Please block flooding from new members!

(Topic created on: 06-05-2021 05:34 AM)
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Options
Others

There's no way that new members should be able to Flood Samsung Members! Put a stop to it! 

6 Comments
Others
@RedDogRabbit, I agree with your post. There is a new member "iugjhjfhf09" that has made more than 30 posts with different Universities listed. If the Moderators see these posts, I sure hope they get deleted as this is just spam. I have gone through the posts and tried to report them as spam. Since there are so many, I will leave it up to the Moderators to delete them.
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Others

Absolutely, and I know that one of Samsung's Moderators was online around 6:30 am, they had to have seen the ridiculous amount of spam, but apparently they didn't do anything about it.

I even replied to her post (she was attempting to help another member), asking her why she didn't do anything about the spam. No response.

EDIT: @Valeriya has deleted the spam & replied to my post 👍

https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s/change-country/td-p/10987276

Anonymous
Not applicable
Others
Yes i was very upset and i dont know what they are even posting!! I also did reported to most of them i can see they are all gone for good 😆🤣

All i can see is a university name in the middle of chinese languageScreenshot_20210605-000714_Samsung Members_1188.jpg
Valeriya
Options
Others

Hi, Are you saying that we are seeing more new Samsung members in the community?

0 Likes
Solution
CHMultimedia
Expert Level 5
Others
No, he's asking for a posting cap on "Beginner"-rank members in a bid to lesssn the frequent spam waves we endure since months. And I would agree on that. Were a legitimate user be in need of assistance, a single post would be necessary (with unlimited comments of course). And since getting to "Active" is so easy, it would be effective in deterring spam and not in discouraging actual new members.
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Others

No, but exactly as @CHMultimedia said. Prevent new members from being able to make multiple new posts, as in stop them from being able to Flood Samsung Members with nonsense. 

Limit them to one new post, perhaps over a certain amount of time.