Original topic:

QN65Q70A remote will not change cable channels

(Topic created on: 06-25-2021 03:37 PM)
jdiesel23
Beginner Level 2
Options
Others

Any suggestions how I can get my new samsung tv/remote to change the channels on my Rogers Nextbox-8642HD.

Any help is appreciated! jim

3 Comments
Ray1
Expert Level 1
Others

@jdiesel23  I suggest you give it a day or 2 to figure it out on its own. I recently had my remote have a problem and got it working again for basic functions but couldn't figure how to change channels on my receivers with it so gave up at the time and next day everything worked perfectly.

0 Likes
jdiesel23
Beginner Level 2
Others

thanks for the reply! I have had the system installed for a couple weeks without any luck. Any other thoughts appreciated.

0 Likes
Halston
Options
Others

Hi jdiesel23,
Welcome to the Samsung Members Canada community.
Please follow the steps below on your Samsung TV remote and check if it is working fine.
If the Samsung Smart Remote does not pair to the TV automatically, point it at the front of the TV, and then press and hold the return button and Play/pause buttons simultaneously for 3 seconds or more.
– Use the Samsung Smart Remote less than 20 feet (6 m) from the TV. The usable distance may vary with the wireless environmental conditions.
– The Universal Remote function operates normally only when you use the Samsung Smart Remote that comes with the TV.
– It is recommended to use an original Samsung charger. Otherwise, it may cause performance degradation or failure of the product.
If the problem persists, you need to contact the Rogers Nextbox-8642HD provider so that they will help you with the available options.

0 Likes