Original topic:

Qualcomm: Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 Mobile Platform Announce

(Topic created on: 11-16-2022 11:25 PM)
WinnieC
Expert Level 5
Options
Others

As mentioned, few months back, Qualcomm now officially announce their new chipset ‘Snapdragon 8 Gen 2’ today.

snapdragongen2-a.jpg

The all-new chipset come with CPU cluster arrangement, a ray tracing-capable GPU, high-end audio features, connectivity and a deeper infusion of imaging and machine learning. The new chipset is of course better than then ‘Snapdragon 8 Gen 1’.

Here is the comparison:

snapdragongen2.jpg

Other features include:

• Qualcomm first processor to support AV1 playback, at up to 8K 60fps. All major SoCs heading to future Android phones now support AV1 decoding
  • Dual Bluetooth radios promise to double the connectivity range and speed up device pairing
  • Support new image sensors, namely the 200MP Samsung ISOCELL HP3 with real-time remoasiac, and Sony’s quad digital overlap HDR video technology in the IMX800 and IMX989.
  • Added a second AI processor to its 4th generation Sensing Hub. Combined with 50% more memory, there’s now twice the performance on offer here to leverage technologies like Qualcomm’s always-sensing camera to apply privacy screen features

** Qualcomm has confirmed that their partners are working on Snapdragon 8 Gen 2-powered smartphones. Samsung isn’t on Qualcomm’s list as usual, but the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 will be powering the Galaxy S23 series too

** As per details leak few weeks back, Samsung new Galaxy S23 series will all be using this new chipset

For more details, you can visit here:

https://www.qualcomm.com/products/application/smartphones/snapdragon-8-series-mobile-platforms/snapd...

5 Comments
GunasamssYT
Expert Level 5
Others
Ohh wow that's cool. Thanks for the info!
GalaxyNoteFit
Active Level 10
Others
My advise don't buy phone curve screen with Dynamic AMOLED display 120hz to avoid green screen.😅😅😅
0 Likes
WinnieC
Expert Level 5
Others

Frankly, i never use a curve screen before. Did tried from the shop, but it really not what i want. Lol

And sorry to say that curve screen, flip or fold is not really what i want (no offence). I still prefer a normal candy bar.  

rapiszalrusli
Active Level 5
Others
👍👍
TonySY3
Active Level 10
Others
Good info from Qualcomm