Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Ram plus features

(Topic created on: 02-10-2022 11:17 AM)
ljbulusan
Active Level 9
Options
Others
Share ko lang guys balak ko bumili ng bagong phone, A series din kasi walang akong budget😅. Btw para sa pinsan ko yung phone😅

So guys kung sinong user yung may gamit sa mga nabanggit kong model, **bleep** sagot po kung may Ram plus or wala. Useful feature po kasi yyng ram plus pagdating sa multitasking.

A02? A02s? A03? A03s? A13 5G?

So far a01 at a11 is walang Ram plus kaya pass ako jan😅

Yung a12 po is meron ram plus kaso ang mahal naman kasi😭 P7,990 yung price nung nabili ko, hanggang ngayon. Thanks sa sagot guys😊
10 Comments
Others
Probably none as most A series only use One Core UI and tone down features to keep the price affordable. But based on what you said if A12 has it, then probably A13 5G could have it.

Though let's wait for users of those phones or a moderator to verify. 😄
ljbulusan
Active Level 9
Others
Thank you very much po sa sagot 😊

Mas ok na mahintay nalang tayo ng moderators or users para mag-verify or magbigay ng sagot😅

Have a nice day po! 😊
0 Likes
Others
You're welcome! Have a nice day! 😄

If you find my comment as a solution to your question. Please click the triple dot and choose "Accept Solution" as a sign. Thanks! 😊
CrissCross
Active Level 5
Others
If you are willing to go outside of the Samsung ecosystem, there are a lot of options. Xiaomi, Oppo, Vivo, and possibly more, allow their devices to have extended RAM or virtual RAM even in low-end phones. They are able to do that just by updating their software skins. Sometimes, they offer devices with more RAM (and probably better hardware in general) for the same price as Samsung's. Software-wise, competitors's low-end devices are feature-packed unlike Samsung who decided to make OneUI Core. OneUI Core lack features but "stable", while MiUI, ColorOS, FunTouchOS, etc., are feature-packed but sometimes buggy.

I wouldn't really trust, wait, or rely on Samsung that they will add RAM plus to the A02's or A03's. And I don't think there's a big difference between OneUI and other software skins in terms of stability. It is still Android.
ljbulusan
Active Level 9
Others
Yeah maganda rin yung mga nabanggit mong models pero nasanay na ako sa samsung eh😭
0 Likes
ljbulusan
Active Level 9
Others
Yeah we knows that some brands offer better hardware and better performance in same price of some samsung phones low end devices.

But in terms of software updates, oppo and vivo didn't provide security patch and major updates to their low end on their previous models until their latest models now.

I will give some of my opinions on the models that you've said,

Oppo (Color OS)
- good quality and performance of hardware and software.
- Stable android version and UI, but didn't provide any major update like their A series. They only provide security patch updates. They started give major updates in 2020
- Overheating issues (especially their mediatek chipped devices) and when in charging, the device will become very hot.
- lagging problems
- Their pricing is quite affordable.

Vivo (Funtouch OS)
- good quality as well
- stable version and UI but they didn't give any updates to their low end devices even though the device is released a months old or two.
- Overheating issues as well
- their pricing is quite affordable also.

Xiaomi (MIUI)
- Good quality of software and hardware as well specially their snapdragon variant devices
- Software is quite stable and buggy
- fast charging (but Overheating might be your nightmare here)
- Software updates is well promised 2 to 3 major updates (all models)
- their price is affordable

The security and privacy of those devices aboveis good, but it's not good as samsung Protection. I have trust issues when it comes to privacy of those manufacturers (sorry no hate)

SAMSUNG (ONE UI)
- Good quality of hardware and performance (but sometimes it depends on System on chips)
- Software is 50/50, sometimes good and sometimes buggy but it will be fixed through security patch updates
- fast charging (selected devices) 15W to 25W is good and device is not quite hot during charging.
- Software updates are well-promised 2-3 years.
- Protection and privacy I CAN'T AGREE MORE 😭 thanks to Samsung knox security and Secure folder.
- features are depends or vary on EVERY DEVICES which is a downsides to us
-pricing is expensive
CrissCross
Active Level 5
Others
Ah, I see that you prioritize in security and stability. It's understandable that you can't trust other OEMs, since some of them have ads in their system apps and they're on by default. And a friend of mine encountered like really serious bugs, months later it was fixed.
I prioritize in hardware, so going for a Samsung device was a baaad idea. I can risk stability and security for the sake of hardware.

Samsung's justification for their hardware-lacking budget phones, is their software support (even if they didn't explicitly said that), stability (even with some bugs here and there), and security (even if Knox isn't available for cheap devices). But some Galaxy A devices recently got remove list of eligible devices for Android 12 or even 4 years of security updates; it's a hit or miss.

Going back to your post, I do want to remind that previous generations of the Galaxy A series are also an option. Some would actually recommend buyers to go for last year's model as their prices should've gone down. It may be an Android version or two behind but updates should be available upon purchase. The hard part is finding where to buy them. This is possibly my last recommendation apart from waiting for Samsung to implement RAM plus for ALL devices.
ljbulusan
Active Level 9
Others
Yeah everytime i purchase a device, i always prioritizing the security and privacy b'coz its the no. 1 in smartphones today.

And that's why i asking some models that have Ram Plus because me and my cousin are both multitaskers.

And btw the A series released in 2019 is also good because all of them are running Full version of one ui and shipped with Knox security. Unlike the A series in 2020 until today that have one ui core and the absence of knox protection.
pham_hni
Expert Level 1
Others
About the samsung knox, for me, I tripped the warranty, and now I can't use samsung pass, samsung pay secure folder, s health, idk hahahaha just apps that are related to knox