Original topic:

RCS in Samsung Messages

(Topic created on: 03-06-2022 06:04 PM)
leoandrew28
Active Level 4
Options
Others
I don't know when did this happen but did Samsung remove the chat feature in their own messaging app? 
24 Comments
BunnyPuffs
Active Level 4
Others
I'm not sure if this answers your question, or if Im referring to the right app even, but there is a setting where you can toggle the chat feature on and off (screenshot). Is yours on? Screenshot_20220306-174946_Messages.jpg
0 Likes
BunnyPuffs
Active Level 4
Others
This is what it looks like on the Samsung messages app:

(Go to the app, hit the three dots, hit settings, then chat settings and you should be able to find it.)Screenshot_20220306-175252_Messages.jpg
0 Likes
leoandrew28
Active Level 4
Others
That's actually what I'm looking for but I can't seem to find it Screenshot_20220306-190418_Messages.jpg
BunnyPuffs
Active Level 4
Others
I remember reading something about RCS being frustrating because you need to hit some kind of agreement when you set your phone up. Did you recently upgrade? An alternative reason may be that your carrier simply hasn't enabled it. Here's an article I found helpful: https://www.androidcentral.com/how-set-rcs-chat-samsung-phones
0 Likes
leoandrew28
Active Level 4
Others
If you're referring to OS upgrade then yes im in the latest OS. But I think I checked this before the new OneUI and still dont find the RCS. Its kinda weird
0 Likes
BunnyPuffs
Active Level 4
Others
I see. I was referring to device upgrades, but if it worked for you before then that is weird. Do you know who your carrier is?
0 Likes
leoandrew28
Active Level 4
Others
It's a Koodo Mobile. A Canadian one
0 Likes
BunnyPuffs
Active Level 4
Others
Oh, I have no clue then, sorry. 😔 I use Koodo too. And you have the latest OS upgrade so I have no idea why it's not appearing. Hopefully a mod can help
0 Likes
leoandrew28
Active Level 4
Others
No worries. Im just using the Google Messages one. I just dont want to download another app for messaging also i like the One UI look and feel
0 Likes