Original topic:

RCS in Samsung Messages

(Topic created on: 03-23-2022 09:39 PM)
leoandrew28
Active Level 4
Options
Others
I don't know when did this happen but did Samsung remove the chat feature in their own messaging app? 
Yielar
Active Level 6
Others
I'd reach out to Koodo tech support
0 Likes
leoandrew28
Active Level 4
Others
Ohh cool. You asked if they have RCS support?
0 Likes
Yielar
Active Level 6
Others
No but I've had to call and have them activate wifi and 5G calling so maybe it's something they can activate on their end. Alternatively, it might have been a permission you needed to agree to in the phone setup process. My chat seems to be working perfectly on my S22 Ultra on Rogers. I also noticed that the chat features work when chatting with a friend who has an LG Android which I didn't know was possible in Canada.
0 Likes
leoandrew28
Active Level 4
Others
Ok cool I might do the same thing and call Koodo for this. Bc I was in Fido and it works fine. Maybe when I switched carrier affected my chat feature
0 Likes
Others
If you recently switched carriers but have the same device, you should backup and reset your device. It might show up again in Samsung Messages.
0 Likes
daniellep84
Active Level 3
Others
Same with me. I'm in Canada on bell and I don't have it on my 22 ultra I used to on my s20
mjsloan
Beginner Level 3
Others

YES. This is exactly what I see. Worked with either Samsung or my phone carrier at the time awhile back and finally got the settings in the photo posted before. I HAD RCS messaging for awhile until I had to upgrade my SIM card with Boost. 

0 Likes
Echo1
Expert Level 4
Others
I'd call your carrier as I am nearly certain they have to enable it their end
0 Likes
leoandrew28
Active Level 4
Others
Awesome thanks for the help
0 Likes
Timbo78
Beginner Level 2
Others
Did you happen to get an answer or a fix?
0 Likes