Original topic:

Reasons for staying/leaving the Samsung ecosystem

(Topic created on: 04-05-2020 08:29 PM)
ZYYL
Active Level 6
Options
Others
So here's another round for all of you guys to state your opinion on Samsung phones. 

Particularly what you like about it to make you stay/use (eg SPen/OneUI), and what will most likely be or already is the reason for you to switch to non-Samsung (eg Price/Performance issue). You can leave a feedback or comments too.

------------- Here's my example -------------
Reason to stay: 
1)I might be already used to it, but I'm really comfortable with Samsung's One UI, so don't feel like switching to another. 
2)I was also a Note 2 user, and even though I don't use the pen much, I missed having it from time to time (using Galaxy S9 now).

Reason to leave: Other manufacturers offer better specs for around the same price point (go watch my other video post of the Galaxy M31 and other 2 from different manufacturers at below RM1000).

Feedback/Opinion: Can't think of any yet.
18 Comments
Sy3ney
Expert Level 2
Others
Reason to stay:
1) Been an avid Samsung users since day 1 launched

Reason to leave:
1) Never come across my mind yet.
ZYYL
Active Level 6
Others
Day 1 means you start using since the original Galaxy S launch? Or did you use some other non-flagship phone back then?
0 Likes
Sy3ney
Expert Level 2
Others
Yes, since original Galaxy S launch.
nine5114
Active Level 5
Others
reason to stay. good all round availability of accessories and stores. the Ui is very stable compared to the days of the first galaxy notes .

reason to leave. likely pricepoint .the price has been going up and up 😅
ZYYL
Active Level 6
Others
I agree, some of the reasons people choose Samsung is they have many stores, so you can always take it there if you have any problems.

It's true price has gone up higher and higher especially the flagship. But at least they're having more affordable and nice options in the entry-level and midrange A and M series. Having more options is always good 👍🏼👍🏼
Amerul90
Active Level 3
Others
reason to leave: exynos for MY market
ZYYL
Active Level 6
Others
Exynos is really a bummer... for raw performance and battery life. It's one of the reason keeping me from buying a previous Samsung flagship like the S10 series which is still very solid phone, just not with Exynos.

But I do hope Samsung will start develop more Exynos chip that target the midrange segment though.
0 Likes
SamMember
Active Level 7
Others
using Samsung phone from note 2 to note 3. then jump to s10+. plan to buy iphone but end up buying the s10+. the reasons to stay is value for money compare to other android phone. no doubt, other phone brand offer a good bargain. Samsung has better UI, screen, & reputable brand u can trust. for the processor, i really didn't need SD since I'm not hard gamer. I will go for ROG or Black Shark for gaming. For the battery i do charge my phone 1× per day with 7h SOT. Reasons to leave soon IF others flagship android phone brand can surpass Samsung in a lot of criteria that i think worth for money.
ZYYL
Active Level 6
Others
Well said! Tbh I still have a Note 2 and even now I look at the content on the screen on Note 2 I'm still amazed! Though I also do know quite some people suffering from screen burn in issue.
0 Likes