Original topic:

Refrigerator is a Lemon

(Topic created on: 10-09-2020 07:21 AM)
DerekD
Beginner Level 2
Options
Others

We purchased a Samsung RF26J7500SR refrigerator in 2016.  It worked fine for the first 3 years and then the problems started.  The ice maker began freezing up totally and the ice bucket was so bound up with ice around the outside of it that we could not remove it until we thawed it out.  It has since been replaced under an extended warranty in June 2020 but I now have another claim in for it to be replaced again as it is leaking water.

Also, the cooling fan started making loud buzzing noises and it turns out the entire back panel was completely frozen up with ice as the defrost drain was frozen.  In August 2020 the entire back panel with the cooling fan was replaced (under extended warranty again) and a new drain kit was put in with an updated gadget on the defrost heating coil to avoid freezing again but here we are only 6 weeks later and the problem is back.  I made another claim today to have this repaired again.

I was told by the warranty company that the fridge needs to be unplugged for 3-4 days to properly defrost and dry out to remove all the moisture or this problem will persist.  If that is the case why didn't the repairman who installed the new panel tell us that?  Also, what is one supposed to do with all their food for 3-4 days?

We paid $2400 for the fridge and I couldn't be more disappointed. These are apparently known problems with this Samsung fridge. The inconvenience this has caused over the past few months has been significant and worrisome.  Why keep repairing this lemon?  In my mind Samsung should be replacing this fridge with a new one.

I am so disappointed with this Samsung product that 5 weeks ago I bought a new 55" 4K UHD TV and I had narrowed down the models to a Samsung and LG and I purchased the LG solely on the basis of my disappointment with our Samsung fridge.

12 Comments
TBone
Expert Level 1
Others
not going to lie I personally will be Leary of buying a samsung appliance. that being said my mum had a LG dish washer and it only lasted a year. so I don't think I will ever buy an LG anything!!!. how ever i will suggest buying good know brand names like Whirlpool. everything in my house for Appliances are Whirlpool and I've had them for 4 years and I have never had a problem with anything yet. 🤞🏻it seems like samsung Appliances seem to have a 3 year curse.
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Others

Hi DerekD, We request you to contact our live chat support with the pictures of the ice maker, purchase receipt, model and serial number of the unit. They will review it and help you with further options.

0 Likes
Rjg1
Beginner Level 2
Others

What happens if you’re a second owner and fridge came with house? You’re totally out of luck. Might as well sell it as functioning scrap. This is a global company pumping out known failed designs in their appliances!

Amanda252
Beginner Level 2
Others

Samsung as a whole is worthless! I bought my Samsung fridge last August of 2020. It has broken down 4 times and the latest the ice maker just started leaking, damaging my floors and property of over 5,000.00 plus! Then to top it off the compressor broke! A brand new fridge and yet they still don’t feel it’s a lemon! I’m fully disabled and lost medication, food everything and there in no hurry to fix it. I definitely feel we should get together and start a class action suite. This treatment is inhumane and against the warranty contract.

Uselessfridge
Beginner Level 4
Others

Same problems but upon contacting Samsung, they claim that they are unaware of any issues  and recommended that I post here to see if anyone else has same problems with icemaker and warm fridge temperature (seems like there’s many of us!).  Disappointing to learn that they are not taking note or tracking complaints to see that this is a common defect in their refrigerators.

KB1999
Active Level 1
Others

Maybe Samsung could google it? 🤣🤣🤣

armenperez
Beginner Level 2
Others

Same here I have had my service at least 6 times, ice maker freezer, compressor fan, computer panel replaced and trying to fight to get a replacement, I have a 5 year warranty im close to 4 years with this fridge and have had it repaired twice a year at least, never buy a samsung I have washer dryer and 6 samsung tv's stick to tvs and leave the appliances to makers who specialize in them never again will I buy or recommend anyone to purchase samsung fridge

KB1999
Active Level 1
Others

Agreed - these refrigerators are lemons. Mine is AGAIN frozen - the drain in the back panel freezes. TIce and water collect under the crisper. Anything in the crisper freezes.

I too paid $560 to replace all the back panel parts 18 months ago - and here we go again. My freezer reads negative 20 degrees - how is that possible??

The larger clip doesn't help.  Repair company says there is no solution - insulation could be compromised.

0 Likes
KatKit1298
Beginner Level 3
Others

Oh my goodness! You got 3 good years! We bought ours in November of 2020 and we are waiting for our 4th service call. I had them haul away a 30 year old refrigerator that still worked. They really need to recall this piece of garbage.