Original topic:

Ridiculous Update Management in Canada!

(Topic created on: 11-04-2021 02:26 AM)
thejigneshpatel
Active Level 2
Options
Others
When is Samsung going to start caring about their Canadian customers. We, Canadians are leaving behind almost for everything when it comes to products and features, and many times this issues have been raised still no efforts are being put or made by Samsung to improve their customer experience. Canadians are leaving behind when it comes to software updates, beta access, security patches, etc. still Samsung has never done any effort so far in last over 30 years of their business in Canada. We are getting security patches one/two months late after it releases almost every time, software updates are being delayed for over six months for Canadians and Samsung has never considered beta access for Canadians, even for their flagship phones which costs over $2000 CAD, this has been outrageous!
Requesting all my Canadian fellow community members to join me raise this issue to Samsung.
15 Comments
sharurocks
Active Level 6
Others
Agree...samsung holds a good place in Canada with huge customer base and its flagship phones sales....I makes no sense samsung transformation of providing regular security and OS updates policies in recent years
Campmscott
Active Level 1
Others
I support your idea I have a top product and still seeing the others using these new updates on the same product we as ( Canadians) have
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Others

While I agree with much of what you're saying, I don't know if it's Samsung Canada who is making the decisions regarding the Betas.

There's something like 7 countries that are included, mostly in Europe & the US.

Samsung uses two different Chips, Exynos in Europe mostly & Snapdragon primarily in North America.

Taking into account the population of the US, Samsung probably gets the information they need from the US alone for the Snapdragon variant.

A Reminder, a few years ago one of Samsung Canada's managers essentially said that Samsung's Canadian support wasn't up to the task of assisting people who chose to join the Betas. 

Given that the Canadian & US hardware is absolutely & completely identical, if you want to test the US Betas you can ⚠️If you know what you're doing! 

Security Patch Updates, HAVE improved in their delivery, but still need some work. 

Even though I don't have a Samsung watch, what I personally find more troubling, is Samsung Canada's inability to get Certified by Health Canada, for EKG & BP on products that were Marketed with these functions working!A

nother reminder that Apple & others managed to get certified by Health Canada for EKG & BP!!

Finally, there's the issue with the Sale & Delivery of PAID for products, with numerous people missing out on the promotional items, SOLELY because of Samsung's inability to deliver the product in time to qualify for them. 

It IS however IMPORTANT to keep after Samsung to improve their services to Canadians. 

Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Others

They just don't care ! Wake-up...

0 Likes
iAm9001
Active Level 3
Others
I heard a rumor that Samsungs's ECG and BP reader doesn't meet health canada standards, which is why samsung isn't telling the status of their application; they may have applied to health canada and gotten rejected, and they don't want the bad press from it.

Of course we'll never know, because they simply don't answer our questions. You could ask them any question about canada and it's features, and they will just say "we are working hard to bring feature X to Canadian users, and will post status updates as they become available". They leave out the part about getting rejected by health canada, or they leave out the part where they either confirm or deny that they have even applied in the first place.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Others

Well, when you have the top 5 executives of Samsung convicted of bribery & other crimes... including Samsung's CEO! 

Let's see how long this post stays up.... 

https://www.industryweek.com/leadership/article/22024041/samsung-heir-guilty-of-bribery-sentenced-to...

Screenshot_20211103_181555.jpg

btrthnvr
Active Level 8
Others
Samsung died long ago.
Marklarrr
Active Level 1
Others
Well, I'd imagine all of our garbage service providers play a big role in this, and screwing us even harder than they already do every month.
Others
Totally agree 👍