Original topic:

Ridiculous Update Management in Canada!

(Topic created on: 07-06-2022 02:21 PM)
Benny_85
Active Level 3
Options
Others
(This is so true) I'm truly supporting whoever wrote this message. Let's do something for Samsung to solve this issue) 

"When is Samsung going to start caring about their Canadian customers. We, Canadians are leaving behind almost for everything when it comes to products and features, and many times this issues have been raised still no efforts are being put or made by Samsung to improve their customer experience. Canadians are leaving behind when it comes to software updates, beta access, security patches, etc. still Samsung has never done any effort so far in last over 30 years of their business in Canada. We are getting security patches one/two months late after it releases almost every time, software updates are being delayed for over six months for Canadians and Samsung has never considered beta access for Canadians, even for their flagship phones which costs over $2000 CAD, this has been outrageous!"

*****Requesting all my Canadian fellow community members to join me raise this issue to Samsung*****
16 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Others

To start with, I don't know if you have seen any of my other posts, but I am not reluctant to hold Samsung accountable, or be critical of what I believe are poor decisions.

Having said that, I agree with some of your, and the quoted post.

Samsung's hardware is really the only thing saving it in Canada. Samsung Canada's Support & Customer Service is virtually non existent. If you are a person who needs help.. get a 🦺 because you're going to feel on your own for the most part.

Sometimes, Canadians actually get OS (Android version) updates, BEFORE some of the US Carriers.

As for Betas, a Current or former Samsung Canada manager (don't know if he is still active?) @steve01 had posted at least a couple of times as to why Canada doesn't participate in Betas. (But if you know what you're doing, it's simple enough to Flash them yourself. The US & Canadian hardware for devices eligible for the Betas in the US is identical).

Essentially @steve01 was saying that Samsung Canada's Support wasn't equipped to deal with any issues, some users may have with Betas.

Based on the knowledge & quality of support I've seen here, I would have to agree.

I don't think that I've ever seen any Flagship device's update being delayed, anything close to 6 months, and like I said, I have seen Canadian devices get Android version updates, before some of the US Carriers.

My 2 cent summary is; You buy Samsung for the Hardware, not the logistics, support or service.

Screenshot_20220706_164545.jpg

Screenshot_20220706_164051.jpg

Benny_85
Active Level 3
Others
Really glad knowing all that. I truly apologize for the post, now I know what are you saying here. I need to know more about it. Most of things you have wrote there, I had no idea. So, thank you for putting it there.
And no sir. I didn't see any of your post. But I will see it right now to be informed correctly. Have a great day!!!
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Others

No need to apologise for anything 🙂

Quite a few people here have different perspectives, and there's nothing wrong with that. 

For some bizarre reason, some people have occasionally thought that I worked for Samsung, which couldn't be further from the truth. 

I just want to make it clear, that when I defend Samsung, it's not an obligation, it's just how I feel. 

I obviously like Samsung devices, otherwise I wouldn't have owned them for the last dozen years or so. 

But I'm not naïve, and when I think that something isn't right, I speak my mind. 

I'm not always right, but hey, it's just my opinion 😉

Benny_85
Active Level 3
Others
Me too, I'm the same. I really like Samsung a lot. And I started to use when the first Note came out.
Keep going like that!!!
Speak up when you have too. Pretty sure you will clear some doubts like it happened to me 😉
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Others
Sir..🤣😇😁
System6ft10
Beginner Level 4
Others
Where to find the one UI 5 beta
0 Likes
sharurocks
Active Level 6
Others
The sad truth is in Canada still the updates & Security patches are controlled by telecom providers...which is ridiculous...I own a unit purchased from Samsung with no contract...still need to wait for updated on the update schedules by network providers...come on Samsung..unlike USA unlocked guys receive update direct from Samsung
Theblueberry
Active Level 6
Others
While the updates are not amazing, I never have any issues with updates coming ridiculous late compared to other countries. It's always within a few days at most from the day they were releasing it.

But also Canada is a super small market compared to like every country that currently receives betas and updates. We just want to be involved in betas more than they need us to participate.
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Others

If anyone really wants the Betas, it's simple enough to Flash them yourself. Just need to know what you are doing & a computer, Samsung's USB Drivers & Patched Odin.. the US Firmware of course.