Original topic:

Ridiculous Update Management in Canada!

(Topic created on: 07-07-2022 03:41 PM)
Benny_85
Active Level 3
Options
Others
(This is so true) I'm truly supporting whoever wrote this message. Let's do something for Samsung to solve this issue) 

"When is Samsung going to start caring about their Canadian customers. We, Canadians are leaving behind almost for everything when it comes to products and features, and many times this issues have been raised still no efforts are being put or made by Samsung to improve their customer experience. Canadians are leaving behind when it comes to software updates, beta access, security patches, etc. still Samsung has never done any effort so far in last over 30 years of their business in Canada. We are getting security patches one/two months late after it releases almost every time, software updates are being delayed for over six months for Canadians and Samsung has never considered beta access for Canadians, even for their flagship phones which costs over $2000 CAD, this has been outrageous!"

*****Requesting all my Canadian fellow community members to join me raise this issue to Samsung*****
16 Comments
Theblueberry
Active Level 6
Others
Samsung makes it extra difficult to flash anything since on a majority of the US/Canada phones just don't have an option to unlock the bootloader, which is required for a large amount of firmware available to be flashed.

And also its not even a big deal to not have access to the betas, it's just a few features that will be available with patience and the ones who do have the betas just complain about them the same way they do about their current firmware now
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Others

You don't need to unlock the Bootloader to Flash "Stock" Samsung Firmware with Odin. 

With a Locked Bootloader, you can't Flash a Custom Boot .img, which means no Custom Recovery, ie: TWRP.

A number of fairly recent Flagship devices have had their Bootloaders unlocked by a legitimate exploit.

But this is all likely to be irrelevant for almost everyone who has a Samsung device.

As for the Betas, You don't need an unlocked Bootloader at all, and it's really not complicated at all if you want to Flash them.

It's expected that the Betas will start even earlier this year, and last year was earlier than expected as well.

If it's not your cup of tea, then just don't worry about it, but some people just like trying out the latest version... I know that I do. 

0 Likes
Benny_85
Active Level 3
Others
Btw, does anyone had an update from S21Ultra, cause I think Samsung skipped the June Security Patch for the 1st time, as far as I know. If I am not mistaken!!! How that happened ? Does anybody knows about it ?🙏
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Others

According to Fido, July 12th is the date 

7 July 2022 012358 GMT-0400.jpg

0 Likes
Benny_85
Active Level 3
Others
How does it works?, my wife has that device but with Rogers, is it the same thing with the updates? I mean, it applies to Rogers , Fido and all the carriers here in Canada ? About the schedules for the updates?
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Others

Only Telus, Rogers & Fido post OS Update Schedules, but all the Carriers release the updates at the same time. 

0 Likes
Benny_85
Active Level 3
Others
Wow!!! Ok. Good to know. I was always having doubts about it. Thanks a lot 😉