Original topic:

Samsung Care+ is a scam

(Topic created on: 04-07-2022 01:29 AM)
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Options
Others
Ordered 3 devices: Tab S8 Ultra, S22 Ultra 1TB and Galaxy Watch 4 classic 46mm.

Paid for care+ for Tab and watch. Samsung advertised that 1TB S22 Ultra comes with Care+

Received and registered all devices already and none of them has it.

Samsung members app tells me to purchase it for the Tab. The app doesn't show me any info for my phone. And obviously no app for the watch.

Went into their website to check warranty status of each device. Nothing loads up for Tab. And for both watch and phone, after entering IMEI/serial number it says "sorry, we don't offer protection for this device".

One agent told me that it will automatically come into effect 25 days after shipping. I received my Tab over a month ago. Still nothing.

In the terms and conditions on their website, it says that the care+ plan will be applied on purchase date. False.

Another agent told me to go into the benefits section of the app to "redeem" care+, no such thing appears to be redeemed.

A few of the other agents that I was able to get in contact with told me they would escalate my case and someone will contact me in 24 to 48 hours later. No communications received. My issues have probably been escalated into space by now.

Nobody can do anything. Nobody has resolved anything. No agent wants to connect me to a supervisor. This is ridiculous!

I am gonna keep trying to get what I paid for but this is seriously annoying and draining. What a horrible experience this has been.

Sent an email to their CEO via the Samsung website. Pretty sure I won't get any response or I'll just get an automated copy/pasted response.

Do yourself a favor, get your device with a credit card that has some sort of insurance and don't even bother with Care+. It's a scam!

Another issue at hand, even after a whole month of waiting, I still never received the promotional keyboard book cover for my Tab...

6 Comments
Helenna
Options
Others

Hi Deeezzyyy, We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

We kindly request you to send your details asked in DM(direct message).

We will check with the team and get back to you soon.

Please check the direct message by following the below instructions and reply to us with the requested information. Log in to the web version of Samsung Members community Canada (Link: https://r1.community.samsung.com/t5/community/ct-p/ca-community ) and click on the Message icon at the top right(Samsung Members) >> Inbox >> Reply to the DM (Direct Message).

OR

Viewing your Direct messages Inbox from your device.

1. On the Members app go to the Community tab.

2. Click on your profile picture and username.

3. Click on Direct message.

0 Likes
vetman
Active Level 6
Others
I have the exact problem too. Please DM too
0 Likes
Avariel
Active Level 2
Others
If you are able to help, I would appreciate a DM as well.
0 Likes
laoreu
Beginner Level 2
Others
I have the same problem. Could you, please, contact me woth a direct message as well?
0 Likes
BunnyPuffs
Active Level 4
Others
Escalated into space 🤣🤣😭
Avariel
Active Level 2
Others
You've had better luck with a response than I've had, the support people I've talked to just keep chalking it up to a bug in Samsungs system, I have both the s22 Ultra 1TB, and the Tab S8 Ultra, just like you, I have nothing showing for the Samsung care+ products I paid for. I've asked for some form of documentation/paperwork to be sent to me to show its on the devices and got no response.
0 Likes