Original topic:

Samsung dishwasher failure.

(Topic created on: 10-09-2023 06:07 PM)
alienterror
Active Level 1
Options
Others
This thing come across as a bit of a rant, but I need help. I have a Samsung dishwasher DW80. This dishwasher has a very common error, where the heavy button light will flash, which means generally something to do with your drain system, external leak, or your overflow sensor. Now, keep in mind that this. Dishwasher is literally 3 years old. We have now replaced the overflow sensor, which is a very common part to fail. That is not the issue. What is happening, is our heavy load light is rapidly blinking and the pump is engaging. This is indicative of the overflow sensor thinking that there is still some formation of water or leakage within the system. There isn't. There is literally nothing to do with water, remotely wrong with this machine. The sensor, was replaced tonight and it says 72 Canadian dollar part. Not a cheap piece. For four wires and a chunk of plastic. My partner has already signed a waiver, affidavit, whatever you want to call it waving all liability from Samsung and warranty as they are now refunding us the cost of dishwasher because they cannot for some unknown reason obtain the part. We were able to obtain the part in less than 72 hours. I'm confused. This unfortunately has also rendered Samsung to decide that they were going to do the refund because they can't acquire the part and they weren't going to do a direct replacement. so we're now sitting in a situation where we either need a to buy a brand new dishwasher or be fixed this one. Does anybody have any suggestions for what maybe wrong with this thing, that isn't going to cost us the price of a new dishwasher? I love Samsung, all of my technology is Samsung but their appliances if this is anything to go on are absolutely abysmal. I'm disgusted. Does anybody have a suggestion as to how to fix this thing so we don't have to go and buy a brand new one? Our pump seems to be working fine so it leads me to believe that this is not the solenoid our impeller system is working fine so it leads me to believe that that is not the problem The heating element is definitely not the issue because it was working phenomenally literally hours before the start to happen. Suggestions? I'm lost, I'm frustrated, most of all I'm disappointed in the fact that a brand such a Samsung, has no ability to acquire their own parts, and has a model of dishwasher, with this exact issue that hasn't been recalled. I've seen far too many people with the same unit, experiencing this issue. Unfortunately, most of them have resolved their issue by replacing the switch. Unfortunately we're not that lucky. 
0 Likes
3 Comments
Helenna
Options
Others

Hi, We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I request you to please contact us on Live chat by using the below link.

Our higher team will help you with the best possible option.

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/contact/

0 Likes
SgtStubby
Active Level 9
Others
Maybe the drain system is restricted or clogged. It's an issue with our dishwasher if the garbuerator has any ungrounded food the dishwasher won't drain properly..
I have seen other drain issues causing problems too
0 Likes
alienterror
Active Level 1
Others
That was actually my first thought, so I scoped our entire drainage. Unfortunately it is a perfectly clear. So I don't know. At this point, we're just going to buy a new dishwasher, this one's just too much a headache and it's not worth preparing if Samsung themselves won't even support it.
0 Likes