Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy S22

(Topic created on: 08-10-2022 03:50 PM)
Chadadian52
Active Level 3
Options
Others
Hello, I have just received my samsung galaxy s22 less than a week ago, and the battery drains very quickly. Wondering if anyone else is having this issue.

Thanks.
8 Comments
waddyii
Beginner Level 2
Others
Let your phone and adaptive battery do it's thing. It'll get better. If you constantly run it yeah your battery will die quicker. You can set battery usage in background running apps in the apps settings and configure through that. Or turn off 120hz and you'll get so much more
-Tony
Options
Others

During a few days after purchase, users have usually activated many applications and set various features for initial device setting, and the frequency of background operation is optimized during this period. So, during the early days of purchase, you may feel the battery usage time is shorter compared to previous device. If the battery optimization feature is automatically applied when passing about 7 days after purchase, you can feel and use similar usage time in comparison of that of previous device.
Also, it’s recommended to optimize battery usage time by setting Adaptive battery option(Settings > Battery and device care > Battery > More battery settings > Adaptive battery)

karenlynn
Active Level 3
Others
Thank you Tony for the info. I am thinking about getting this phone and you've answered one of my questions already
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Others
Yeah what they said! 😁
0 Likes
Ray1
Expert Level 1
Others
My S22 battery life is normal.
You use the phone more in first week or 2 after getting it so battery dies quickly.
Give it a chance and go to settings-battery and see which apps are using your battery power and deal with them accordingly
Clqri
Active Level 3
Others
Try adaptive battery, Dark mode, And lower the display quality in Settings-Display- Then click resolution and set it to 1080p or 720p, may be set to 2k or 4k whatever the phone supports. May lower the HZ down to 60 but you may only notice the difference for gaming with your phone.
Chadadian52
Active Level 3
Others
Thank you everyone, after a week of usage with the phone, I decided to play it safe, upgraded to the ultra and i need a recharge before it does now. :)
Clqri
Active Level 3
Others
Turn off 120 hz, Lower screen rez, Use power Saver, run optimize settings
0 Likes