Original topic:

Samsung heir is reportedly looking to secure a ~$450 million loan for taxes

(Topic created on: 04-26-2021 11:26 PM)
khtannnnnnnnnn
Expert Level 5
Options
Others

Samsung Electronics vice chairman Lee Jae-yong is expected to reveal the details of his inheritance this week, and fresh reports from the local media suggest that the heir is looking to finance the inheritance tax with bank loans.

The late Samsung chairman Lee Kun-hee left a fortune in stocks and assets behind when he passed away in October. Lee’s heirs are expected to inherit stocks with a total value of 18.96 trillion won ($17 billion), and they are bound to pay the highest inheritance tax in South Korea’s history, calculated at roughly 11 trillion won ($9 billion). The heirs can reportedly choose to pay the inheritance tax over the next five years after they pay the tax authorities one-sixth of the inherited value.

2 Comments
BSolomon
Active Level 1
Others

Very sorry to hear about passing of the SEO. But I keep wondering what made the company leave such a big loan debt? This is always dangerous for businesses.

0 Likes
LourdesPerd
Beginner Level 2
Others

Agree. I know a very big company that was expanding too fast with lended capital and as a result of such the volume of accounts payables was too high and the company was in big financial trouble. I own a very small business but always use loan aggregator for taking small personal loans. I give them back quickly but this never risks my assets.

0 Likes