Original topic:

Samsung Key board issues

(Topic created on: 04-09-2019 08:45 AM)
Lexi98
Active Level 4
Options
Others
Prior to the Pie update I was able to use my alternate choice of keyboard app, SwiftKey.  Now the app doesn't work, i just get a big white space where the keyboard used to be.  No, I have not and will not do a factory reset.  
The default Samsung keyboard, to be nice, I really dislike it.  It adds spaces where they don't belong, can't auto detect contractions consistently, and auto corrects the most bizarre words to even weirder things.  Is there another compatible keyboard app that works with this update?  
0 Likes
6 Comments
Ray1
Expert Level 1
Others

@Lexi98  If it was me I would try uninstalling the app and rebooting the phone and then redownload the app to see if that might solve the problem

0 Likes
Lexi98
Active Level 4
Others
I'll give it a try! thanks for the suggestion!
0 Likes
Lexi98
Active Level 4
Others
Thank you! Uninstall and reinstall did the trick! I tried the wipe cache and data thing first to no avail. The new download looks completely different than the old one I had, so something changed, but whatever I have it back and working! Yay!
0 Likes
Ray1
Expert Level 1
Others

If the new download looks completely different maybe just updating the app would have been all that was needed. Doesn't matter anyways if it works now.

Makes me wonder how many of these multi complaints  about  things  not working on One UI are just people not updating their apps to make them compatible with the new system they just installed.

0 Likes
Lexi98
Active Level 4
Others
I appreciate that at a rating of Expert level 5, you know how to wipe cache and data for the app. As a neophyte, I do not. I'll ask Google.
0 Likes
Others
@lexi98 to Wipe Cache & Data for an app - Go to - Settings - Apps - scroll down to (in this case) SwiftKey - Storage - Wipe Cache and Data 🐧