Original topic:

Samsung M7 Monitor Issues (Bluetooth and Home Shortcuts)

(Topic created on: 04-14-2021 07:53 AM)
Nocardia
Beginner Level 2
Options
Others

Monitor model: LS32AM702UNXZA

Firmware version: 1060

I have had this monitor for about a month and have noticed some general stability issues with it. The monitor has crashed on me twice. However, here are two more specific issues:

1. When a Bluetooth audio device is connected (e.g. headphones) it works fine initially. However if the video is paused, or the input is switched or the monitor goes standby the audio will no longer play when the monitor is woken up again. The audio device still shows as connected and the monitor has sound output directed to it (instead of Monitor). If I switch sound output to Monitor then the sound works fine, but cannot get it to play from the Bluetooth device. I haven't found a way that fixes this other than keep trying to disconnect the Bluetooth device and reconnecting it and praying that it works. Sometimes I just have to turn off the device, remove it from Bluetooth Speaker list, wait 30 minutes and try again.

2. When an input is added to the home screen as a shortcut (e.g. HDMI1) but the device is disconnected, sometimes the shortcut will disappear from the list and I'd have to add it again. It's a small issue but still annoying since my monitor is connected to a laptop that gets moved around a lot.

I hope the community can provide some guidance or Samsung can provide firmware updates that fix these issues.

4 Comments
Valeriya
Options
Others

Hi, please reset the monitor to factory defaults and If possible, please pair it with different Bluetooth headphones and see if it works without any issues.

0 Likes
Mick77
Beginner Level 3
Others

Hi, I have the very same issues. I have a pair of Presonus Eris 3.5 BT bluetooth monitor speakers and they would initially connect, but then loose the connection as described above by Nocardia. Really annoying. I have tried to reset the monitor to factory defaults, but other than having to go through the annoyance of setting up all accounts and logging into all services again, it did not solve the issue.

The Speakers work fine every time with any other bluetooth devices, only the smart monitor has this issues. Any solution in sight?

(I have also seen the HDMI shortcut disappear from home)

M7_1234
Beginner Level 4
Others

Same here. I bought my 32" M7 display May 2022.
Model is LS32AM702URXEN, firmware version M-KSU2SMWWC 2010.0.

It cannot find my JBL BT headset at all.

Samsung customer service replied to my service request, all they could tell that "do factory reset".
I did, but it didn't help.
Others (in this thread) have had this issue one year ago.
If this pairing issue is due to buggy SW, Samsung hasn't fixed it yet.

(Other complaint is that the UI translation in Finnish language contains errors. They didn't proof read the menus in Finnish)

0 Likes
chrazz
Beginner Level 3
Others

I am having the exact same problem with a Samsung Smaart Monitor M5.
Can select a Bluetooth speaker to connect to but , after a couple of seconds, the connection is dropped and sound reverts back to the Monitor speakers.

Just bought the monitor today.
Very disappointing...