Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Samsung May Have Delayed the Release For SOME of the Eligible Devices

(Topic created on: 11-19-2022 08:31 AM)
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Options
Others

May have been delayed, because of the issues that were reported here previously. 

And just imagine the people who are upset about waiting, just how they might react to a Major update, that did actually have some issues on release. 

Yes Canada does have identical hardware to the US, but let them deal with any issues, not us in Canada. 

Can you imagine Samsung's Moderators attempting to address issues on a Stable release.. Neither can I, AND THIS is why Canada does NOT participate in the Betas 😉

Samsung may have delayed the release of the Android 13-based One UI 5.0 stable update for its eligible devices, but the company is taking no time to expand it to more users. Currently, Samsung is testing the One UI 5.0 update for a bunch of phones including Galaxy M33, M42, A51, and M21 (2021).

It looks like the coming weeks are going to be even busier for Samsung as it is about to release the major One UI 5.0 update for more smartphones including flagships mid-rangers, and budgets. And, Samsung Galaxy M33, M42, A51, and M21 (2021) phones, which are currently in the testing phase, will be among them.

https://www.sammyfans.com/2022/11/19/samsung-testing-one-ui-5-0-android-13-update-for-galaxy-m33-m42...

Screenshot_20221119-065000_Samsung Internet.jpg

Think that it's ONLY Canada that is waiting..

Well, you would be WRONG.

https://www.sammobile.com/opinion/one-problem-with-samsung-one-ui-5-update-rollout/

Screenshot_20221119-065820_Chrome Beta.jpg

RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Others

That's not actually what I'm saying with this post. 

Samsung has delayed the update for SOME of the eligible devices.

If I were to guess, I'd think that it's because of some of the issues reported on the stable release.

If memory serves me correctly, there were some issues with WiFi, Charging, Camera, Battery etc... I don't think that it affected everyone, but.. 

Solution
KOTS21
Active Level 10
Others
Problems with camera, battery wifi so what's left?
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Others

Employees? 🤣

BDTech
Expert Level 1
Others
What issues? I haven't had any issues. All this is BS excuses from Samsung Canada.
0 Likes
Solution
GG2
Expert Level 3
Others
The problem isn't the delay in itself, it's announcing a release date when it's not fully tested, still has issues, then not able to deliver in time. That's where the frustration mostly comes from.
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Others

Yeah I think that it's partly Samsung's eagerness to release the Major Updates faster, has resulted in a degree of confusion regarding the information. 

I was actually impressed with this week's [HOT Topic]

It was well written & acknowledged the posts from people here, without promising something that they could not guarantee.

"I just wanted to quickly acknowledge what’s been happening in the past few weeks regarding the OneUI 5.0 delay. I know a lot of people are really frustrated with the delay, and that’s definitely understandable. I was personally looking forward to this update as well, but it may take more time in order to provide a well-rounded experience. We sincerely appreciate that everyone is excited about this update. Your voices are heard by Samsung as the moderation team and I monitor the community. We value every comment, and are trying our hardest to improve. Please give us some time, and I will share with you guys once I have any further confirmed updates for the OneUI 5.0." Sean@Samsung Members Team Canada 

#CreditWhereCreditIsDue 

GG2
Expert Level 3
Others
Agree, well written. Im not amongst the frustrated ones as my phone works perfectly at the moment, plus there's nothing that 5.0 brings that i absolutely need right now. As he said in his post, a well rounded experience is more important.
Solution
Ray1
Expert Level 1
Others

It is just unbelievable that Canada and other countries have to wait up to a month for the UI and other updates to be released to us after they have been released as the final version to some countries.

I am pretty sure the bugs that are still in the software would not be that big of a problem for most people. There are some that are going to have problems and complain no matter how polished the updates are and still will when it is finally released. Just wait for all the posts about how the update wrecked their device after they complained about not getting it🙄

It is the total lack of information from Samsung Canada as to when they might release the updates that is the problem🤔🙄

Others
Now it's "Canada and other countries" but before everyone was just hating on Canada right.
Like everywhere else in the world has gotten it except for Canada right ...
🙄🙄
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Others

Not everyone lol.. 🙄 🙄