Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Moderators have Banned or Suspended another Valued Member of Samsung Members..

(Topic created on: 05-24-2022 05:53 PM)
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Options
Others

@Ray1's Account was either BANNED or Suspended yesterday due to Samsung's Moderators inability to understand English. 

There was a new member, with no demonstrated knowledge who was posting "announcements" of their planned Q&As. 

None of their posts indicated any degree of knowledge in order to be hosting anything, other than perhaps leading a group in silence. 

There was a remarkable similarity not only in their username "experts" & a previously & presumably banned troll "expret". Both of these usernames were making posts with zero substance & displayed little or no knowledge of Android, or Samsung's mobile devices. 

I voiced my suspicion, and @Ray1 replied with something like, "given enough time, they will hang themselves". In NO WAY was this EVER A THREAT, but Samsung's Moderators, failed to understand the meaning of this expression. Essentially it means that, given enough time, an individual making grandiose claims of expertise, will demonstrate that they clearly do not have what they are claiming to possess.

@Ray1"s account needs to be REINSTATED, AND an apology posted.

The fact that Samsung's Moderators did NOT understand what this expression meant, is on THEM, and NOT on @Ray1.

@Samsung_Ben 

3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Ray1
Expert Level 1
Others
I shared with @RedDogRabbit that I couldn't reply to anyone or post anything after Experts apparently reported me for uttering death threats for stating that they "would hang themselves" which anyone who knows the English language knows it stands for they would sabatoge themself and was in no way a death threat.
I sent 2 different reports to moderators and last one I asked to be advised as to how long and for the reason I was stopped from participating.
I got no reply or help from any moderators so I shared my problem after this.
Somebody changed something because I tried posting a couple hours earlier and still wouldn't work but is obviously good again now

View solution in context

Solution
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Others
Same thing happened to me, my posts disappeared, I could not post or like, and then when I raised it with @RedDogRabbit help, everything just came back magically lol!!

View solution in context

Solution
GG2
Expert Level 3
Others
You called Ibrahim ?

View solution in context

12 Comments
Brantley
Options
Others

Hi ReddogRabbit, who reported that his account was Banned or suspended? Moderators did not ban this user. We see that his account is active.

0 Likes
Solution
Ray1
Expert Level 1
Others
I shared with @RedDogRabbit that I couldn't reply to anyone or post anything after Experts apparently reported me for uttering death threats for stating that they "would hang themselves" which anyone who knows the English language knows it stands for they would sabatoge themself and was in no way a death threat.
I sent 2 different reports to moderators and last one I asked to be advised as to how long and for the reason I was stopped from participating.
I got no reply or help from any moderators so I shared my problem after this.
Somebody changed something because I tried posting a couple hours earlier and still wouldn't work but is obviously good again now
Solution
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Others
Same thing happened to me, my posts disappeared, I could not post or like, and then when I raised it with @RedDogRabbit help, everything just came back magically lol!!
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Others

Not magic, voodoo lol 

Solution
GG2
Expert Level 3
Others
You called Ibrahim ?
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Others

lol, no I did not 

I did say this, in a post that has since been removed, 

"while your enthusiasm is great, you may want to demonstrate a little more knowledge about Android, before you start hosting Q&As", but that doesn't seem to resonant with them for whatever reason..

I just have an issue with a self proclaimed "expert", being completely unaware of what Odin is, but announcing that they will be Hosting Q&As..

Maybe walk before trying to run. 

RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Others

@Ray1 informed me that he was unable to post on Samsung Members since yesterday afternoon sometime. 

He also let me know that his ability to post has been restored a short while ago. 

So while you may see that his account is active, it was not until recently. 

This post was in reaction to this event.

While it's great to see people being enthusiastic about Samsung Members, it's not great to see people with little if any credibility, making announcements that they will be hosting Q&As.

I had NICELY, tried to suggest that they gain the knowledge, which based on their numerous posts, they are clearly lacking, BEFORE hosting any Q&As.

At what point do numerous posted replies, that contain no information or substance become spam? 

The cries of "death threats", because of not understanding the meaning of a common English expression, is what likely led to Ray1's account being temporarily banned or suspended from posting on Samsung Members.

Experts
Active Level 5
Others

You never said anything "nicely" dude. You always comment on my posts sarcastically whenever you are unhappy. You always tell me to "Say less!" but when I ask for more details, you keep silent. Like what gives? Is that what you consider helpful or nice? Really?

0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Others

Hi RedDogRabbit, he may have some technicial issues at his end at that time, but we would like to make it clear that his account was never banned or Suspended.

0 Likes