Original topic:

Samsung Notes bug

(Topic created on: 02-18-2021 02:57 PM)
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Options
Others

I made a lot of notes to answer faster to some posts but when i cut/paste my answer on the forum i always have the word SPAN  each fu×^_~•{<|   lines...erasing them take me so long... What can i do for that ? It was'nt like that before..

Example 

<span;>Turning on Safe Mode is as easy as it is safe. First, completely power off the phone. Then, power on the phone and when the Samsung logo appears, press and hold down the <span;>Volume<span;> <span;>Down<span;> key. If done correctly, "Safe Mode" will display on the bottom left corner of the screen. If "Safe Mode" does not appear, repeat the steps above.

<span;>Once you're in Safe Mode, you can remove the third-party app that is causing issues on your phone.

<span;>To exit Safe Mode, simply restart your phone and it will reboot normally.

<span;>Note<span;>: You can also enter Safe Mode by pressing the <span;>Power<span;> key, touching and holding the <span;>Power off<span;> icon, and then touching the <span;>Safe Mode<span;> icon.

<span;>Important: <span;>When you exit Safe Mode, some of your customization options (Wallpapers, Themes, Etc.) may be reset to default.

0 Likes
14 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Others

What are you cutting from, computer? 

You could save your notes in Gmail/samsung email & Then copy & paste.

It should work without having the "span". 

If I'm understanding what you mean? 

0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Others
Cutting on my tablets and phone
0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Others

Cutting from Samsung Notes? 

Did you try cutting from a saved email? 

0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Others
If i have to to that, i'm better to save on another application..I want to save time...not to add time

It wasn't like that before (like 2 months ago) so it's in the Samsung Notes update or Chrome..i will check there too

this happen in the Samsung's website that i use the most...so i will try Samsung internet
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Others

Hi Cassidy, I suggest you please long press on the text and choose the text length to be deleted and select Cut. Please try this and check if you are experiencing the issue.

0 Likes
FattyP
Active Level 8
Others
Hey Cassidy, I have no clue what you can do on the server or site side and I can understand the time deleting all these strings would take. In the meantime though, you can do this which literally takes seconds. Open MS Office Free online on your tablet or phone that you're cutting from, paste the text in Word, enter the string in the search bar and replace em all with nothing. Example in video attached.

Didn't realize I couldn't post videos on another member's question. I uploaded it to YouTube:

https://youtu.be/KLwbWeVEvtY
mytech
Expert Level 3
Others
I think you should use something else until it's fixed 🤷

Seems to me like programming language and somehow when your pasting from notes its not understanding the code 🤦
Does this happen when you just paste into Samsung members?
or does it happen anytime you paste?
For samsung members, does it do this for both WEBSITE entrance and APP entrance to the forum?
This should help narrow the solution down to the App or something else 👍✌️
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Others

@mytech

Because i'm following the forum on Samsung's website (using Google Translate )  it's only on the Canadian Website than it happen even if i use Chrome or Samsung internet 

0 Likes
mytech
Expert Level 3
Others
Et si vous n'utilisez pas google translate, le fait-il toujours?
Désolé d'être impoli et que je n'utilise pas le français, je sais mieux 🤦

What if you do not use google translate does it still do this?
Sorry for being rude and me not using French, Iknow better 🤦