Original topic:

Samsung One UI 5.0 update

(Topic created on: 11-10-2022 07:47 AM)
Cprice
Options
Others

I know everybody is looking forward to receiving the One UI 5.0 update on eligible devices, but every year when a new One UI version is going to be released it’s the same thing over and over again, the same questions, complaints, etc…

Multiple threads asking the same thing over and over.

When will I get One UI for my device?

When will it be available in Canada?

Why doesn’t Canada have a beta program?

And the same people every year say the same thing, I’m done with Samsung, I’m jumping ship and going to Apple, but yet, year after year they are still here complaining about haven’t to wait for the latest One UI update and those same people will be still here complaining next year about the next One UI release.

Everybody wants to have the update practically the day it’s mentioned and when you don’t get it, well the end of the world has arrived. If you did it and had al kinds of bugs and issues then there would be people still complaining. I’ve seen in the past where people in the US have been so excited to be on the beta to end up reverting back to the previous OS because of random reboots, crashes, apps no longer working like they did before.

Don’t get me wrong, every year like most I look forward to getting the new OS update as well, new features, better performance, etc.. but I’ll get it when I get it.

You were/are all happy with your phones when you got with it’s current OS, your phones are still working. So what’s the rush?

41 Comments
Others
I second this, 100% on point!!

This happens every year when a new OS is in the works. When are we getting it? Why don't we have the beta? Why have we not gotten it yet? It was supposed to be released last week. Ever since the update now this and that doesn work.
It's a repeated cycle that I'm sure all moderators and ambassadors see so I can't really blame them for wasting so much energy for repeating the same message every year.

@Cprice is also right that other countries like US so many of them revert back due to app crashes and poor battery life. (See for yourself in the US community forms)

Another thing he mentioned was that alot of you will say you are done with Samsung and switching to Apple, yet here you are in the forms year after year with one of the newer Galaxy devices going on and on again about the update. (You know who you are)

I have said it, Cprice has said it, Tallman has said it.
What is wrong with your phone with the current UI?
Has it stopped working where you desperately need the new update? Is it slow and buggy? Do you just want to feel like you have a "new" phone? Is it overheating like the Note 7 and you think the update will magically fix all your problems?
You all purchased yours phones with the original OS, no one purchased an S22 on launch day and said "ooh I can't wait to use my S22 with one UI 5.0"

We will get it when we get it, this is not life and death....it's a phone!!

Stop living on instant gratification and have some patience PLEASE.
An extra week or month won't hurt ANYONE.
This I promise you.
🙏
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Others
That's because Samsung Canada doesn't fix a daamn thing with their process. So no sh1t it's frustrating af
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Others
There is nothing to fix! Sheesh
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Others

Yeah I agree with you, but I think that IF Samsung's Moderators posted SOME / ANY information, or replied to ANY of the posts asking about One UI V5.0, it would at least give the appearance that Samsung Members Canada values it's Members. 

Even just updating the Year Old Notice.. At least then when people ask questions about One UI V5.0, they could be referred to the that. 

Not responding to any of the questions, just gives the impression that Samsung Canada doesn't care. 

Others
Samsung will post a notice for One UI 5.0 when they have information to share. If they reply to every post asking about the update and reply: Currently at this moment we don't have any information on when it's going to be released in Canada.

Even replying something like that, people will still complain.
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Others

It could be something as simple as:

Hello Samsung Members,

We understand your enthusiasm & excitement for the upcoming One UI V5.0 Update.

Presently we don't have a firm date as to when it will be available in Canada.

You can rest assured, that as soon as we have any information, we will update our Notice on Samsung Members Canada.

Rather than avoiding any mention of it, Sean@Samsung Members Team Canada might want to include this in his weekly [HOT Topic]

At least then it gives the appearance that Samsung's Moderators are actually listening to people.

Others
@RedDogRabbit maybe you're right, maybe you're wrong I'm not the one to say if you are or aren't, I will say that I see and understand your point of view, not everyone sees things the same way, I can't speak for other Samsung Members but some people may require some sort of notice or update as you mentioned and others like me, that if they haven't posted an update or notice is because there's nothing to report yet. But again, I see and understand your point of view.
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Others
Problem is there's no more employees on here tbh. Looks like they're all gone, except some mods that give robotic answers
iFlYSoLo
Expert Level 5
Others
I think it's trivial really..it's just an update, incremental at best and really at the end of the day if Samsung decides ok let's do December, no one is going to die lol. I honestly think it's way too many posts for the same **bleep**** everyday.

But yes, there could be a pinned post..maybe the parody one lol. Then again. In the grand scheme of things, who cares!