Original topic:

Samsung Pass & Password Generator: Dear Samsung

(Topic created on: 03-18-2021 11:44 AM)
Vía
Active Level 5
Options
Others
Dear Samsung UI Developers & Samsung Team

To hold to true to my word, here are my thoughts, appreciations & suggestions on Samsung Pass.

1. Great idea embedding Pass in the Samsung Keyboard for rapid access! It is remarkably reassuring of a secure web browser experience. I can save passwords to Pass, and literally push all my passwords to the Samsung Pass app to the only browser for me; Samsung Internet—Beta*.

2. I've just completed and update. I notice certain improvements.
 I can now select the username field, autofill, then jump to input my password without losing my place and having to enter my biometrics again.

3. My Suquestion or idea;

Would it be possible to integrate a Password Generator into Samsung Pass and Keyboard-Pass?

...How would you nest/embed an entire HTML5 or JavaScript (basically a nested app) in an app, that's ts already so complex, yet forcibly but successfully embedded in my keyboard?

The Keyboard-Pass access is already nested with a lot of third-party partners like YouTube, Bitmoji, Netflix, Spotify and other third-party incorporations. Being as they serve no purpose to me–though I am grateful–if removing it would allow the possibility of an integrated Password Generator in the Samung-Pass app & Sam's Keyboard, please do it! It is simply the most practical, most advanced use.

Password must have...
1. At least 1 upper case letter
2. At least 1 lower case letter
3. "^" 1 number
4. "^" 1 symbol

I currently use an external password generator because I have become less creative. I would be very grateful to you for the integration.

...If you do nest a Password Generator in Sam-Pass, please consider the below:

Can it be made compatible with Samsung Flow to hold true to the 🌼Flow🌼 of information when interacting with multiple Samsung devices?

Can it also be made to work well in Secure Folder and Samsung Internet (Beta)?

Please, grant devices runing One UI (Insert Ver.# you think is fair based on your consumer loyalty) with eligible hardware components, access to this Samsung-Pass Feature* 

*Can it be a Staple for Galaxy users in any country?*

I really would not like to have to buy a new device to access this feature. I am less inclined to purchase a device knowing that in a couple of years, it will be done away with and restricted from accessing certain improvements, even though my hardware is compatible.

Exclusive access defeats the point of sharing in the experience of being an #AvidSamsungMembers
9 Comments
Others
Adding a password generator is a great idea👍🏾
Valeriya
Options
Others

Hi Via, Thanks for sharing this with our community members.

Vía
Active Level 5
Others
Thank you, Valeriya. I finally have time; there is much more to come 🙂
Shumayal
Beginner Level 4
Others

Great suggestion. Very detailed. I came across this from Google search results. :)

Vía
Active Level 5
Others
Thank you 😊
0 Likes
galaxy_explorer
Beginner Level 2
Others

having a Password Generator integrated on Samsung Keyboard would be great, yes

Realjimmydee
Beginner Level 3
Others

Via, Excellent idea!

Toproy
Beginner Level 3
Others

That would be a great update to samsung pass and use of keyboard. I approve 😀

Santos7
Active Level 1
Others

I was looking for this functionality. It's crazy how Samsung hasn't integrated it into Samsung Pass