Original topic:

Samsung Q950A soundbar settings issue

(Topic created on: 08-30-2021 03:26 PM)
mattgab
Beginner Level 3
Options
Others

hello,

I have the Samsung 85 inch QN900A with a Samsung sound bar Q950A with Q-Symphony sound settings turned on. Connection from the TV throw the Arc port of the soundboard. Ramdomly sometimes, when I turn the TV on, the sound is back to TV speaker only (no sound from soundbar) and I notice sometimes that sound is back to TV speakers settings (which was not me) so I have to manually set things to Q-symphony again. 

Morever, in the last few days, I have experienced another issue which consists of not hearing proper sound from the soundbar when I start watching something after opening the TV (and soundbar). Sometimes, the sound is only playing background sounds on the soundbar so it's working but no dialogue can be heard. In this situation, Q-Symphony settings is still turned on. However, I noticed that if I turn it off (Q-Symphony) then ON again, it seems to trigger the system back to normal sound. So I have a workaround for this but since it's annoying, I was wondering if anyone had experienced that?. Maybe a firmware issue since the 2 products are only a few months old after launch?

This happens from Prime video and Netflix app on the TV. Changed the HDMI cable, still nothing. 

Anyone has an advice?

thanks. 

6 Comments
scinex
Expert Level 4
Others
Sorry mate. No experience with it but I'm similarly agree with you that it might be a software bug.
All the best👌🏻
mattgab
Beginner Level 3
Others

thanks. I shall be patient. 

LYSHUEN
Active Level 3
Others
😀
0 Likes
mattgab
Beginner Level 3
Others

after chatting with customer support, they told me a new firmware had been recently released (update via USB only) which intends to fix bugs on the 2021 models. Hope it will have fixed my issue. 

0 Likes
amirfakhri1
Active Level 5
Others
Update or connect to samsung totur. Screenshot_20210901-020245_Google Play Store_34315.jpg
0 Likes
amirfakhri1
Active Level 5
Others
Download from play store, and follow the steps .Charge from telco will applied for service .
0 Likes