Original topic:

Samsung Soundbar

(Topic created on: 01-13-2021 01:27 PM)
Northerner
Active Level 1
Options
Others

I have Samsung soundbar Model HW-KM45 which supports Bluetooth

My Samsung TV does not have Bluetooth so the bar is connected by cable.  My Samsung Galaxy Note tablet is connected to the bar via BTooth and I can play music over it.

I have tried to connect my Lenovo Laptop with Win 7 to the soundbar via Btooth, with no success. My laptop "discovers" the sound bar but clearly the soundbar is not picking up BT signals.  Anyone have any insight to this?

Second.....and this is new. The soundbar used to turn on with the TV and stay on. Now, I need to turn the soundbar on separately...PLUS....the soundbar keeps shutting off after a few minutes of TV and needs to be turned on again. Very annoying. I have unplugged the soundbar hoping to "reset" something but no luck.  Any suggestions?

thanks

0 Likes
10 Comments
Solution
Others
hi there regarding your second issue, is your sound bar have ARC hdmi port? try to connect it therr and also connect it on the arc port of the TV.

or also try going to settings then external device manager, be sure the anynet+ is enabled.

20210113_104203_2237.jpg

0 Likes
Solution
keagan
Options
Others

Hi Northerner, Please try the resolution provided by @gokongming and check if the issue got resolved. Please note that you can connect your soundbar only to a Bluetooth device that supports the A2DP (AV) function.

0 Likes
Northerner
Active Level 1
Others

thank you for the 2 suggestions. I tried to "reply" but it did not work so I hope you see this.

Neither my TV or Soundbar has ARC Hdmi ports.....just hdmi.

To make matters worse, I went to settings and I see the anynet+ screen but whatever I did in there searching around, now my TV remote control does not work

HELP!

0 Likes
Northerner
Active Level 1
Others

PS.....like I said at first, the TV/Soundbar was working right the last 2 or 3 years but started acting up (shutting off) just 2 days ago

0 Likes
Northerner
Active Level 1
Others

I see now (Google) that Windows Bluetooth does not have A2DP drivers....so that answers that.....now why does my sound bar shut off after 10 minutes or so, after working right the last 2 or 3 yrs?

0 Likes
Northerner
Active Level 1
Others

My TV remote came back to me.....anynet+ is enabled...sorry

Others
so you got your sound bar working with your remote again?
0 Likes
Northerner
Active Level 1
Others

No.....the TV remote works again. Sound bar remote always worked,.....but sound bar shuts off every 10 minutes or so. It used to stay on plus come on when I turned TV on.

0 Likes
Northerner
Active Level 1
Others

I now need to apologize. The soundbar issue has been fixed and it now stays on. I had played around with it so much trying to get Bluetooth from my laptop, that the settings were changed. I thought I had an HDMI cable from TV to soundbar when I actually have optical cable. So I have fixed the settings.

My major enquiry was on how to get Bluetooth from Laptop to Sound bar and now I understand it will not work with Windows Bluetooth Drivers.

Thank you guys for your help.  Stay safe

0 Likes