Original topic:

Seriously Samsung... what is going on?!

(Topic created on: 03-15-2022 09:01 AM)
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Options
Others
**bleep** is going on Samsung?! Yall going bankrupt or something? Your company isn't functioning anymore? Yall missing employees?

- Tab S8 Ultra keyboard cover still backordered. Looks like ima never receive it

- Samsung care+ on my tab still never got applied even though I already received my tablet 2 weeks ago

- Email sent to the customer service "info.seca" wtvr and still no response after 2 weeks and after multiple follow ups

- Galaxy Watch 4 classic LTE 46mm still lagging behind updates that the non-LTE model received already to fix bugs and battery life

- Still absolutely no news for the S22 Ultra pre-orders except that "it's on the way" status in the website with no tracking info. If the phone is on the way to Canada from the warehouse where it was built, just **bleep** say so!

I was being patient but this is getting seriously ridiculous. Your consumers have the right to know **bleep** is going on with the things that we've paid for!

16 Comments
theonecid
Expert Level 2
Others
Unreal eh. You forgot that they completely skipped the day one update for S22 which was supposed to be Mar 8
TylerP15
Active Level 1
Others
Too far gone to cancel my order now but Im in the same position. How is it that my phone has been "on its way" for a week and a half at this point with no updates? If this phone does not blow me away Samsung has made it so my next phone absolutely will not be a Samsung.
0 Likes
ik
Active Level 6
Others
Mine is still processing 😔
0 Likes
dokou
Active Level 1
Others
Seriously Samsung isn't appropriate considering what industry is going through at this time. Perhaps some of you are completely oblivious to the shortages and materials seeing worldwide and touching every single industry. Plastics resins, medals, rubber and seal materials... The list goes on and on and on.

The world is struggling. Demands seem to be at their highest in years, and raw materials can't be produced fast enough. Even giants like Samsung are feeling the effects. Considering all these factors as well as other factors not mentioned here, businesses small, medium large, Fortune 500 companies, and everything on the planet is struggling to meet demand.

It's way Beyond anyone's control and while it's extremely frustrating as a consumer to have to wait weeks or more or even for an undetermined amount of time, it is what it is.

Jumping all over Samsung or any manufacturer / distributor for late deliveries or or even being unable to provide an estimated ship date it's clearly not taking into consideration the current state of affairs.

Not mentioned above, but equally important to consider is the global labor shortage. Just like the materials shortages, mentioned above companies are also struggling to find people to work, particularly the laborers. With all of the programs being offered to support people during the pandemic millions and millions of laborers are choosing to stay home instead of working.

Are the person in the industry, I struggle everyday with having to tell clients that their orders are delayed for all of the above mentioned reasons. Manufacturers and distributors who once had one to two weeks lead times prior to the pandemic of lead times in excess of 8 weeks. 8 weeks, right now, it's decent. Many of my suppliers / manufacturers have lead times greater than 16 weeks, up from 1 to 2 weeks prior to the pandemic.

So all this to say, get a grip on the reality that our world is today. Don't mistake the above statement not caring or understanding how you may be feeling, but giving the company grief, like seen above, seems to me to be short-sighted, self-absorbed, and really not understanding what companies are going through these days.
VERVAIN
Active Level 2
Others
The company has the responsibility to fix this since they most probably knew all the issues they could have in production and transit months ago. They can either invest more money on the supply chain or at least give their customer a longer expected wait time at the beginning, instead of giving us a false hope and keeping us waiting in known almost nothing. We comsumers paid the price for the product and the services from the company, and there is nothing, nothing wrong if we are complaining we didn't get the product and service we deserve because it is the company's responsibility to handle this in a better way.
Deeezzyyy
Expert Level 1
Others
I do understand what's going on in the world right now and how a company, big or small may be going through hardships. I know there are chip shortages and so on. I haven't complained about it since. You should've seen my comments on other posts.

But in any case, that does NOT excuse them leaving every single one of their customers in the dark. Or even lying to them!

I don't need a specific shipping date. What I ask for is transparency and to not be lied to. Why bother putting an arrival date on the order page if it's simply not true? I am NOT complaining about their "start shipping date". My keyboard cover was supposed to arrive on Feb 23rd. My phone was supposed to arrive on March 5th.

Things happen. **bleep** happens. Delays happen. It's all good and understandable. But it is NOT ok to not update your consumers accordingly and lie to them. If they can't contact each person then the least they can do is update the order page. And when I say that, I don't mean falsely putting our orders on "it's on the way" without any concrete info to give us false hope. I mean remove the arrival date! Maybe have a note on the order page itself stating that due to wtvr reason there is a big delay and they are working on it to resolve asap. Maybe prepare the customer service reps to have all the same consistent answer instead of one saying it'll arrive this week, another one saying in 2 days and another saying in 5 weeks. That's exactly why people are getting frustrated. It's not even because of the delays. But more because of the way we are being treated!

But hey, let's put the tangible things aside for a minute.

Why is it so hard for a team of people to answer a customer service email within a timely matter? 2 weeks without response for such a big company is unacceptable! No matter how busy or how much demand there may be. I am sure they are swamped with frustrated customers contacting them but 2 weeks?! It's ridiculous.

Or for Samsung care+, how hard is it to register a tablet that is already paid for and shipped into their system? How hard is it? Or how long can it take? It should be an automatic process. Imagine yourself applying for your car insurance for a certain date and 2 weeks later, you still didn't get it. Then you call your company and all they say is "rest assured, your coverage is there" but you can't even be given a confirmation number or a policy number or anything to prove that the insurance is indeed valid.

As a person in the industry, you struggle everyday telling your clients about delays. Well at least you answer them, congrats. I also work in the industry and I also do answer my clients/vendors/suppliers. How do you think your clients are gonna feel like if you don't answer them for 2 weeks? 2 weeks man. Does that seem acceptable to you?

Yes, because of this pandemic, there is a lot of labor shortage. But that also created a lot of possibilities for people to work from home. There may be major labor shortage for manual labor but there isn't that much shortage for jobs where people can work from the comfort of their homes.

We are all adults. We all work. We all understand that demands are sometimes hard to be met. We all understand delays. We all understand what this pandemic has caused and what the ongoing conflict between Ukraine and Russia is causing as well.

But we also all deserve to be treated as respected customers. I don't think that's too much to ask for.
Others
Well said bro. We just want to know the status. At least some status update.
cmdacos
Active Level 6
Others
But it's easier to whine and throw a fit...
0 Likes
audiojfr
Active Level 6
Others
Yes ok but at least they could release statement to their customers