Original topic:

Soundbar

(Topic created on: 06-23-2021 09:53 PM)
Fureo8
Active Level 2
Options
Others
Hi I have a Samsung F751 right now... I'm planning on getting either the 5.0 multibeam, Samsung S60a or the Bose smart soundbar 300... Which you recommend? Or don't change and stick to what I've got...

Hope to get some feedback ☺️
15 Comments
RjKing
Expert Level 5
Others
1st what is the reason for you to change ? Any lack on the current Soundbar?

2nd what is your budget?

3rd what do expecting on the new soundbar?
0 Likes
Fureo8
Active Level 2
Others
Reason I wanna change is that current soundbar is old... About 8 years old and it's lacking in some current modern day surround technology... Don't get me wrong my soundbar is still loud and banging... I just want to upgrade to something new and fresh.. budget is around 2k...
RjKing
Expert Level 5
Others
My Tips :

* Choose a sound bar with 3 or more channels – at a minimum. There are still 2-channel sound bars out there, and they’re no more than glorified mini-stereos. With 3 or more channels, you can simulate surround sound for a more immersive experience.

* Go with an active sound bar.  Active sound bars come with built-in amplifiers (passive sound bars do not). We say it's worth it, especially if you're trying to save space or want a 2-for-1 solution.

* Consider where you want to place your sound bar. Are you hanging it on a wall or laying it on a table? Aesthetically speaking, your new sound bar shouldn’t be any wider than your TV. And in a perfect world, whether hanging on a wall or sitting on a shelf, the perfect spot for your sound bar: centered beneath or above your TV. Just make sure you have enough space!
Fureo8
Active Level 2
Others
TQ for this... All the speakers mentioned above have 3 channels or more... But built in subs are passive... The Bose and Samsung I can add on an external sub... But the JBL apparently from watching reviews does an ok job on its on. My soundbar will be placed on the TV cabinet below the TV... My TV is wallmounted... So I'm not worried about space... Also among the 3 soundbars mentioned the JBL is the most expensive but has the best input and tech built in...
RjKing
Expert Level 5
Others
JBL is 👍👍👍
RjKing
Expert Level 5
Others
If I , i will go for Samsung Q950T
Fureo8
Active Level 2
Others
If budget permits... I'll definitely get that as well hahaha... Anyways saw another option the Samsung Q600A... That sounds good as well but don't have eArc support
RjKing
Expert Level 5
Others
Samsung HW-Q600A is a sleek, simple soundbar with a similar design to the Samsung HW-Q700A.

The top and the front of the bar are covered with a metal grille, while the rest of the bar is made of plastic.

Great Looks
0 Likes
Fureo8
Active Level 2
Others
I bought the S60A together with the rear kit... Hopefully it'll give a real surround sound feeling... Got a good deal...