Original topic:

Swipe to Numbers Keypad Shortcut?

(Topic created on: 08-07-2022 05:09 PM)
scubamanM
Active Level 3
Options
Others
I'm proposing another former-Swype shortcut for Samsung Keyboard: switching to a numbers-only keypad (and back) by swiping from the symbols [!#1] key to the 5 key.  This would bring up the standard phone-style 3x4 keypad, and would be handy for those times when you have to type a phone number, credit card number or whatever. 

And, to reiterate, swiping again from the symbols key to 5 (now at the centre of the keyboard) would immediately switch back to the normal QWERTY layout (although the ABC button would also be there in case you forget how to change back, but if you're a swiper, it's usually easier to keep swiping and just swipe it away). 

The screenshots below are from my old A5 with Swype, so the symbols [!#1] key isn't exactly the same (you had to swipe from the Swype button) but hopefully you get the idea. A handy tool for anyone who types/texts a lot of numbers!

Gotta type a bunch of numbers? Swipe from the symbols key to 5 and then...

... the keypad appears! Type your numbers...

And when you're done, swipe again from the symbols key to 5 and...

... you're back to your standard layout (QWERTY or whatever)! Bing, bam, boom.✌️🤓

4 Comments
Travis_
Active Level 5
Others
Thats a great idea
scubamanM
Active Level 3
Others
Thanks! It was certainly convenient. Fingers crossed it gets picked up by Samsung.
0 Likes
Helenna
Options
Others

Hi scubamanM, Samsung always strives to provide a better tomorrow for society with our quality products.

Thank you for bringing this to our notice.

However, please be assured that Samsung always strives to provide the best user experience on the device, we'll ensure you that it will be considered as a feedback and value your time for contacting us.

We certainly bring it to our team for further review.

Hopefully, the features that you're expecting might be added in a future update.

scubamanM
Active Level 3
Others
Thanks, Helenna, I appreciate your reply. As it is, the Samsung Keyboard has come a long way from when I got my last work phone a few years ago and was unable to get my beloved Swype on there, and went with Gboard because it had more Swype- like features (like not automatically adding a space after a hyphen, as seen here). Now, I'm seeing some improvements with Samsung Keyboard (Sboard? Eh, that might already be copyrighted, lol) and hope to see more. Thanks again, and have a great week. 😊
0 Likes