Samsung Galaxy Fan Contest
Terms and Conditions
- The Samsung Galaxy Fan Contest (“Contest”) is organized by Samsung Malaysia Electronics (SME) Sdn. Bhd. (“Samsung”) in conjunction with the launch of Samsung S21FE 5G
- This Contest will run from 27 January 2022 to 20 February 2022, 11.59 PM (“Contest Period”). Samsung shall reserve the right to shorten, extend or cancel the Contest Period at its sole discretion without any prior notice.
This Contest is open to participants who are:
- Permanent residents of Malaysia; and
- Aged 18 years old and above, as stated on their NRIC/Passport (as of 27 January 2022)
By participating in this Contest, each consumer review (interchangeably referred to as “Participant”, “You” or “Your”) agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
c. Exclusively for Samsung Members only
- Employees, dealers or agents of Samsung or any of its group companies or their families or households or anyone connected to this Contest are not eligible to participate in this Contest.
How to Participate
- This Contest will be held on Samsung Community
- Participants will need to follow the steps below:
Share your love for Samsung Galaxy in 10 words in Samsung Community
Hashtag #SamsungMembers #SamsungGalaxyFan.
- Participants must ensure that their account is made visible to the public
- This Contest will end on 20 February 2022, 11:59 PM. Entries received after this or are submitted through any means other than specified herein will not be entertained or qualified as a valid entry. Any complaints on missing and/or delayed submission will not be entertained.
- The voucher code expires on the 28 February 2022 and only valid for one time per user only.
- All participants who participated in this contest are eligible to enjoy RM150 e-store voucher.
- Participants are required to share their love for Samsung Galaxy in 10 words. The most creative answer will win a RM150 e-store voucher.
- All entries must meet the Eligibility requirements and fulfill the conditions stated in How to Participate rules. If it is found to be not valid, your entry will be deemed as null and void.
- Details of Contest prizes are as follows: -
- RM150 e-store voucher x 1000 unit
- The prizes are given out on an “As Is” basis and are non-transferable, non-refundable, non-exchangeable for cash or with vouchers of other denominations, whether in part or in full.
- Any prizes unclaimed after the said Period will be forfeited and deemed to have lapsed unconditionally and irrevocably. The winner whose prize has been forfeited or unclaimed shall not be entitled to any payment or compensation from Samsung.
- Picture(s) of the prizes shown in any advertisement, promotional, publicity and other materials relating to or in connection with this Contest is / are solely for illustration purposes only and may not depict the actual colour, model or specification of the prize(s) and does not include any optional accessories.
Delivery of Prize(s) and Prize Redemption
- The prizes will be delivered to the winners via email with a unique code by 22 February 2022 or such other period as may be determined solely by Samsung.
- Samsung shall not be responsible or liable for any delays or non-delivery of the prizes.
- Samsung shall not be responsible for any inaccurate details provided by the Participant to claim their prizes, if any.
How to Redeem E-Voucher
- Step 1. Copy the voucher code and go to https://www.samsung.com/my/smartphones/galaxy-s21-5g/galaxy-s21-fe-5g/buy/
- Step 2. Select items and proceed to check out.
- Step 3: Apply “Voucher Code” for the RM150 OFF to be reflected in the cart.
Terms of Participation
- By entering this Contest, the Participant represents, acknowledges and warrants that the submitted image/photo/video is an original work and does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity; and that no other party has any right, title, claim or interest in the submission.
- Copyright of all images/photos/videos submitted to this Contest remains with the Participants. However, by participating in this Contest, Participants agree to grant Samsung a perpetual, irrevocable, royalty free, license to use, reproduce, copy, publicly display, sublicense, modify and fully exploit any photo submitted.
- Each Participant agrees to take part in any and all marketing, promotional, publicity exercises with respect to this Contest; agrees for Samsung to use his/her name, voice, photograph, likeness or other personal identifiable information in any media for the promotion and publicity of this Contest and/or Samsung products: and irrevocably grants Samsung all consents and waivers necessary hereunder, including in respect of any promotional photographs and/or audio/video recordings taken in respect of this Contest. Each participant agrees that Samsung shall be at liberty to publish, promote, copy, reproduce, transmit, display, edit, adapt, modify, create derivative works of and/or otherwise distribute or use his/her particulars (including any publicly available Facebook/Instagram profile photo and details):
- In connection with this Contest and/or Samsung products;
- For the promotion and publicity of this Contest and/or Samsung products;
- In any manner, format or media whether now known or hereinafter created, and in any part of the world, including without limitation on online platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Instagram; at Samsung’s sole discretion and royalty-free and without obligation of attribution or consent.
- Participants will only be confirmed as winner(s) after the verification of validity of each participation. Samsung reserves the right to check the validity of any participation. Entries failing to comply with the Terms and Conditions herein will not be accepted.
- Samsung reserves the right to disqualify any participant suspected of fraud, hacking, tampering with the Contest submission process or if Samsung believes that the contestant’s entry and/or results has been manipulated in any way by machines or computers or breach of any terms and conditions of the Contest.
- Samsung reserves the right to disqualify such Participants from the Contest and/or receiving the prize. Samsung reserves the right to substitute or replace a new winner.
- Each participant shall not, without the prior written approval of Samsung, speak to the press or any other media, or give any interviews or comments relating to this Contest.
Liability and Responsibility
- Each participant agrees to indemnify and hold Samsung and its employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives, parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees, advertising, promotion, and fulfilment agencies, and legal advisors, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, costs and expenses (including legal costs on an indemnity basis), and actions of any kind by anyone including third party arising from the alleged or actual infringement of any third party copyright, patent, trademark or other intellectual property rights, or other rights, any breach of these Terms and Conditions and/or in connection with the Contest, including without limitation, possession, use or misuse of the prize, or travel to or from any Contest activity, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
Rights of Samsung
- Samsung reserves the right to reject any post/ winner at its sole and absolute discretion without having to assign any reasons whatsoever.
- Samsung reserves the right to change, modify or replace the prize(s) including the quantity of such prize(s) at its sole discretion without any prior notice. .
- Samsung reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions without prior notice.
- In case of any dispute, Samsung reserves the right to make the final decision. Samsung’s decision is final and no further correspondence or appeal will be entertained.
- Samsung does not undertake any responsibility or obligation to ensure that any prize will be delivered to any prize winner. To the fullest extent permissible under applicable law, Samsung disclaims all warranties and representations of any of any kind, express or implied, including any representation that any prize shall be delivered or transferred to the winner(s). Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by the law, Samsung (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury, or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of this contest, including but not limited to, where arising out of the following:
- Any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under Samsung’s control);
- Any theft, unauthorized access or third party interference;
- Any claim or prize(s) that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after receipt by Samsung) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of Samsung;
- Any variation to the prize(s) value to that stated in these Terms & Conditions;
- Any tax liability incurred by a contestant; or
- Use of the prize(s).
- Samsung reserves the absolute right to cancel, terminate or suspend the Contest without any prior notice and/or assigning any reason. For the avoidance of doubt, cancellation, termination or suspension by Samsung shall not entitle the participants to any claim or compensation against Samsung for any and/or all losses or damages suffered or incurred as a direct or indirect result of the act of cancellation, termination or suspension.
- Samsung makes no guarantee of the availability of its or any other web services and will not be responsible for any interruption, delay or failure of service that may interfere with the ability to participate in this Contest.
- By participating in this Contest, each participant is communicating with Samsung electronically. By doing so, each participant agrees to receive communication with Samsung electronically. Each participant consents to receiving electronically all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that Samsung provides in relation to this Contest.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Malaysia, and each contestant irrevocable submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Malaysia