The apps tray is a feature of your phone's launcher, and it's where you'll find your app shortcuts. Display all the apps on the home screen
- Long touch the home screen and select "home screen settings" to see all the apps on the home screen.
- Go to "home screen layout"
- Choose between "Home screen and apps screen" If you want to change to the previous setting of apps shortcut, just choose "home screen only".
- Press the menu button in the top right corner of the apps tray
- Click "sort." This will allow you to choose between alphabetical and numerical order. All you have to do now is tap that choice, and everything will fall into place.
- Go to the home screen settings.
- Look for the "apps screen grid" option, which may be up to 5x6 grid Your apps arrangement will be set based on the grid format you have been chosen.
If you have multiple apps that perform the same function, Android lets you choose which one is the default.
- Go to settings.
- Click on Apps
- Hit the menu button in the top right-hand corner, then "default applications"