Original topic:

TV restarting

(Topic created on: 09-08-2021 09:33 AM)
Samsung_YZt5BT5
Beginner Level 2
Options
Others

Good afternoon, I own a UN32EH5300F and about 3 weeks ago, TV decided to shutdown all by itself on startup. Unit closes after the initial boot within 5 minutes and repeats the process every 5 minutes very precisely sometimes up to 6 times. Afterwards, it works OK... I have the 2004 firmware version installed (unit was bought in 2013). Can I try to reset TV to resolve the issue or do you recommend another solution ? I have a wireless connection with Videotron Helix module

1 Comment
Georgine
Options
Others

Hi, Welcome to the Samsung Members Community Canada.  If your TV is turning off continuously, there are one or two simple actions you can take to fix it.

The first step is unplugging the TV.

By default, some HDMI devices are set to turn the TV on when they turn on.

This feature is Anynet+, also known as HDMI-CEC, and allows you to control both devices with your TV remote.

If you want to turn on your devices separately, you can turn off Anynet+ in Settings > General > External Device Manager, but you will no longer be able to use your TV remote for both devices.

(1) Unplug the TV for 30 seconds.

• Unplug the TV from the wall outlet or surge protector for 30 seconds, and then plug it back in.

(2) Try to update the software.

• In some cases, a software update can correct the problem. There is a risk, however.
  • If the TV turns off during the software update, it could damage the TV.
  • Updates can take up to 30 minutes depending on network speed, so if the TV is not turning off too frequently, try updating the software.

(3) Disable the Power On with Mobile option.

• TVs that can connect to SmartThings can be turned on using compatible devices, sometimes automatically.
  • However, if abnormal "power on" signals are sent through the wireless network, they will trigger this function and make the TV turn on.
  • If you do not want this function, navigate to Settings > General > Network > Expert Settings > Power On with Mobile, and turn the setting off.
0 Likes