Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Video Viewing In Gallery : Filmstrip

(Topic created on: 05-03-2021 09:18 AM)
Codee
Active Level 2
Options
Others
 EDIT: Basic gallery function changed regarding video viewing. Video timestamps at the bottom and you need to double tap not unlike the old versions wherein you can just tap the video and watch it. Not happy. Irritated. Same with the Split Screen function change. Change isn't always good. And in these cases they were really not. It disrupts the experience. : )

Ragefan1
Beginner Level 3
Others

Im with you 100%. When I updated my s10 I noticed immediately how they split off the video player from the gallery. Absolutely garbage move. Bone headed. Like you said, it has been one and the same pretty much since forever. Im not resistant to change but forcing me to go to a separate app to watch a video when I used to be able to do both in one before is infuriating. Having a video begin playing where I can no longer have scrubbing capabilities or be able to change the brightness or ANYTHING I could do before is INFURIATING. Get that **bleep***t out of here and put it back like it was before. You know, when it was USEFUL. The other blockheads here saying to "get used to it" or to praise the samsung developers need to get their heads checked. They are the problem. This change is solution looking for a problem. 

0 Likes
NoobDoggo
Active Level 5
Others
Why not use this app instead? You could download it on Galaxy Store

Screenshot_20210503-221532_One UI Home_44208.jpg

Others
That's the app really intended for videos 👍
0 Likes
Codee
Active Level 2
Others
Separating functions does not mean better and more modern.
0 Likes
Others
It's what's needed by most nowadays. Many record videos more than they take pics. Since a lot are into vlogging now, Samsung thought it's better to make an app solely for video organization and consumption.
0 Likes
Codee
Active Level 2
Others
As I said, the gallery already has a function to categorize and separate photos from videos. You can even see bad reviews on the store. It speaks volumes on how it is as an app. : )
0 Likes
Others
Download first the video app and you will see what my point is. But just in case you won't see what i see, let's agree to disagree 👍
0 Likes
Solution
Magnaguard
Active Level 9
Others
If this is bothering you too much, then just turn off the filmstrip view in the Gallery Labs in the Gallery settings. And what do you mean double tap? On mine, videos auto play while I navigate the gallery and if I want it to have audio, it's just one click. If the filmstrip view is turned off, then it will be like before wherein if you decide to play the video, it will open the video player instead.

As for the Split screen function, I like the way they integrated it via the Home Up module in Good Lock. Open task changer, click the split screen icon on the bottom left. Maybe give that a try?
itsmeian
Active Level 8
Others
And how to get that so-called "Good Lock" thing conveniently???
0 Likes
Magnaguard
Active Level 9
Others
There's Nice Lock on the Playstore to bypass the geo restrictions. Or the VPN method.
0 Likes