Original topic:

washer top rusting

(Topic created on: 06-09-2020 12:38 PM)
ditz5931
Beginner Level 2
Options
Others

My top load washer is having a rust issue around the bleach and soap dispenser. I see this is a common problem in the US forums. I've checked to see if this model is on the recall list. It is not. The washer is 4 years old and has been having this problem since it's been a year old. Support says it's off warranty and won't help. I am posting this as a buyer beware and perhaps a moderator might be able to help where support cannot. It's very frustrating spend so much money on a product that should last 10 years plus.

Model: WA45H7000AW/A2

IMG_0195.JPGIMG_0194.JPG

0 Likes
6 Comments
Others
This forum is mostly for Members who have troubleshooting issues with their mobile devices. You can give Samsung Customer Service a call and they can transfer you to the appliance technical department.
Kinsley
Options
Others
Hey @ditz5931,
Sorry to know about this. Unfortunately, this type of damage is considered as a maintenance issue and would not be covered under the Samsung warranty and you would be charged for the repair. However, Samsung provides 12 months warranty from the date of purchase of the unit.
0 Likes
dmflash
Active Level 6
Others
mine rusted in the same place, I used some Rust Check corrosion inhibitor on it. it will turn the rust black but it wont spread.
0 Likes
Cassidy
Expert Level 5
Others

The washer is 4 years old and has been having this problem since it's been a year old. 

So, why do you wait so long to complain about this ? Anyway this is abnormal, a washer is not supposed to rust.. if you are in Québec, we have a consumer protection law for that kind of problem and even if the manufacturor say 1 year of Warranty, in Court, this is'nt true , check about it 

For household appliances, the reasonable lifespan is even longer: 11 years for a washer, 12 for a dryer and 13 for a refrigerator. The legal warranty applies when that of the manufacturer is over, even if the consumer has not purchased an extended warranty.

You can see many exemple here :

https://www.opc.gouv.qc.ca/en/consumer/topic/warranties/examples-of-judgments-concerning-legal-warra...

Don't accept less than that. 

0 Likes
Smassie
Beginner Level 2
Others

same model here and same problem! I'm learning samsung products are all defective and they won't own up to fixing their products. it's frustrating

0 Likes
Lynebouchsrx
Beginner Level 2
Others

Hello , 

I have the same issues bought this washer in April 2021 and the rust issue around the javel bleach dispenser has started since a couple of months . Contacted Samsung directly and say they are not responsible and that is not on warranty .. what can I do from what I am seeing it’s an issue with these washer ? I am in Canada ( Quebec ) 

0 Likes