Original topic:

📺What are some of your thoughts about Samsung TVs?📺

(Topic created on: 02-06-2020 08:51 AM)
Options
Others

Hey Samsung Members!

205076-OZ78R2-2.jpg
People photo created by freepik - www.freepik.com
February is coming up - and so is Valentines Day! My girlfriend lives pretty far away - so its hard to get together to celebrate. I think when we do though, we both love to just sit in front of a TV and watch our favourite shows together(The Office, Friends, the usual!) :') 

Speaking of TVs(How about that curve ball transition eh?),

What are some of your thoughts about Samsung TVs/favourite Shows? What are some of your favourite apps/shows/movies to watch? What are some things about Samsung TVs that you love, and what are some questions you may have?

There's a lot of questions here! Whether its talking about your favourite things about the TVs, questions you may have, or even your favourite shows or movies, We'd love to know what you think! Please post your responses in the Lifestyle section, or comment below!

Cheers,

The Samsung Members Team

53 Comments
Plaidygami
Active Level 5
Others
Samsung TVs seem to be nice from what I've seen, but I've also read a lot of reviews where Samsung TVs keep displaying ads, so I've been kinda discouraged. I've never had a Samsung TV myself.
Samsung_1pHXhbX
Beginner Level 3
Others

Sadly and unacceptably they do. I bought a Q70R in 49" size. The picture is fantastic, however after the first firmware upgrade I now have ads. Shame on you Samsung. I pay $1400+ CAD to be served ads on my TV??

Also to use the Smart Hub you need to agree to an agreement which has some unpleasant things in it. I particularly am not impressed that to monitor my viewing one of the things the tv will do is upload a snippet of video so what you are watching can be identified. Unacceptable to me. 

Picture is beautiful, but I wish I never bought it. First Smart TV experience.

0 Likes
Jammies
Active Level 1
Others

I've had my Samsung 50" Smart TV for over 6+ years now and I haven't had any issues with it at all.  Still holds up and looks great.  I've brought it with me when I moved and works great with Netflix and all my gaming needs.

I do find launching the SMART functions and apps a bit on the slow side, so I'll use my xbox one as my media device.  My next thing is to finally play through the Witcher 3 especially now that I've binged watched the tv series on Netflix!

AmeriCanuck
Active Level 8
Others
We have an old Samsung 46" L series I think. (It's from 2009 or 10, 720P Plasma I believe). Was a good TV until.a few years ago and the. it started getting dead pixels from an impact to the screen I believe from one if our kids tossing a toy. No cracks, but now its progressed to 5 or 6 round circles along that area that are kinda annoying, especially if there's captions. We want to get a new one. I would love to stick with Samsung, especially since I have their phones now. But, I read or heard something awhile ago about Sharp TV's being the best Is that true? You who have been with Samsung TV's, did you ever do a comparison with others and choose Samsung over the other brand(s) or was it just your loyalty to the Brand that influenced your decision?
CamWebsite
Active Level 1
Others
u are the hscker
0 Likes
Samsung_pL1SkEJ
Beginner Level 2
Others

We bought our 65" Frame TV from the Samsung store  (Toronto Eaton Centre) and I asked the rep about their TV Installation services and they booked my appointment with their partner Mr. Star on spot.  

The TV was delivered on time and I received a same-day Installation service.

We love our TV and we are very happy with the result.

Frame TVFrame TV

0 Likes
CoreaCorea
Beginner Level 2
Others
it could be a great channel for K pop, drama and Korean movies! trust me the demand is out there! this could be good. if you have a Samsung phone the monthly fee can be discounted?
0 Likes
Cinabel
Beginner Level 3
Others
We bought our 53" Smart TV from our landlords when we moved into their home 3 1/2 years ago and really love it. It is also hooked up to a sound surround system (great for movie watching). Super sound, color and resolution. A bit on the tech side to set up, so was a bit frustrating to use at first.

We watch a lot of movies, TV Series, binge watch old TV Series and documentaries.
0 Likes
Ross
Active Level 4
Others
They need Dolby Vision imo
OldPlug
Active Level 1
Others
I have two. One works flawlessly, the other keeps asking me to setup my inputs even if they're already setup. my cable provider is recognized and has a custom icon in the hub but it still asks me to setup my tv. each time I try, it resets my hub. I'm 50/50 on them. When buying a new one I would definitely explore other options