Original topic:

What happened to my Samsung S20+ battery?

(Topic created on: 05-24-2021 05:14 PM)
lvillaluz23
Beginner Level 2
Options
Others
After updating my phone to the:
Release Date : 2021-05-18 Security patch level : 2021-05-01 
I've been monitoring my battery since I got the phone (1 year now) and I've been averaging "18 hours on a full charge" sometimes 19 or 20 if I'm lucky. But now I'm only getting 14 hours of battery life out of my phone just a year after owning it? Has this happened to anyone else, or have any idea why my phone is like this?

3 Comments
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Others

I think that it's normal to see some degradation in the battery over time, but this seems to be somewhat high.

Did this occur after the last Security Patch Update?

If it did, you can try Booting into Recovery and wipe cache & see if the battery life improves. 

Georgine
Options
Others

Hi lvillaluz23, We suggest you to verify the phone in safe mode for 24 hours to diagnose the battery issue. Safe mode to check if added apps are causing problems. This mode only loads basic system software and allows you to disable third-party applications.

1. After turning off the device, turn it on.

2. Once the Samsung logo has started, press and hold the volume down button.

3. When the home screen appears, the safe mode is displayed in the lower left corner of the screen. How to deactivate safe mode.

1. Press and hold the power button.

2. Tap Restart.

0 Likes
RedDogRabbit
Expert Level 5
Others

I believe that he said the battery life dropped off after the Security Patch Update - Running in Safe Mode for 24 hours unnecessarily is pointless. Of course the battery life will be better, Safe Mode disables most apps.