Options
Others

Bixby said "have a good 'evening'" when it was 9:53 am

Maybe I have a wrong understanding of the word so i looked it up today:

12 Comments
IamRhai
Active Level 6
Others
It's possibly a bug. I doubt that your timezone is not set correctly.
0 Likes
EllisKai
Active Level 9
Others
Here's my time and date settings and the quick commands I've set up. Bixby said the time and mentioned "AM" that day but said "good evening" in response to "bye"

I tried to put "hello" on the first line of the quick command but it kept on saying good evening so I decided to put what's up instead. Now there's a little too long intro before the actual report. I linked this to another routine and quick command that changes the settings back to default silently and I wanted to have an intro so as to not make the transition abrupt.

Days passed and everything seemed to be okay until one morning, it responded have a good evening to "bye".

It knows it's still AM (command 2) but responded have a good evening (on command 5). I think Bixby responded without consideration of the previous response.

Bixby doesn't seem to consider context as well. For example if I would ask who was Steve Jobs, it would give the answer out loud. Then if I would follow that up with "how tall was he", Bixby would search for a totally different article - unlike Google assistant and others.

Anyway it's not that of a big deal. It just feels weird.Screenshot_20230521_114601_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20230528_151900_Bixby Voice.jpg
0 Likes
Others
Please change your time zone. Or change your time from pm to am.
0 Likes
ANDRĒ
Active Level 6
Others
How do you got 5 signal bars i only have 4
0 Likes
EllisKai
Active Level 9
Others
It depends on location.
0 Likes
EllisKai
Active Level 9
Others
Oh you mean the available bars and not just the shaded ones? I looked back at my older photos and it seems like it has always been the case on my end and don't remember doing anything to make them look like that. So maybe it depends on the device model.

Some mods (like hex themes) can alter how the cellular signal bars look.

Are you new to android? Don't change or apply modifications unless you really know how to do it and is ready to take or can manage risks like having to factory reset your phone. It's safer to stick with default settings and apply just the really important changes.
ANDRĒ
Active Level 6
Others
Yes
0 Likes
ANDRĒ
Active Level 6
Others
Is this the app?Screenshot_20230528_183009_Google Play Store.jpg
0 Likes
EllisKai
Active Level 9
Others
Yes, only that I don't remember paying for it. Maybe it was free or I didn't mind the price that time.
I'm sure though, that the 5-bar indicators weren't caused by that. Actually it would make the bars appear totally different.

And the app might have bugs now after OneUI 5.1 update. I might have been using OneUI 4 or 5 when I used that app. Do a research about it before installing it. I had to factory reset and redownload backed up data and settings of my device 5 times during the first day that I tried that app.Screenshot_20230528_192521_Samsung Members.jpg