Original topic:

What is Samsung's equivalent to iMessage

(Topic created on: 10-10-2020 09:23 PM)
AuxShr
Active Level 3
Options
Others
I can't see when my friends are typing and stuff. I think I remember reading about Samsung having an excluding messaging feature right? 
0 Likes
8 Comments
JohnH
Active Level 9
Others
RCS is the closest stock android messaging apps will get to iMessage. For some reason I can't enable rcs on the stock samsung messages app, but you can download Android messages by Google and enable it through there.

RCS brings features like typing and read indicators, as well as other chat features which I honestly couldn't be bothered to try out. However, it doesn't work between android and iOS.
0 Likes
AuxShr
Active Level 3
Others
Yeah the read and typing feature is broken on Samsung Messages
0 Likes
JohnH
Active Level 9
Others
its not enabled by default. Click the 3 dots in the app, go to settings, and see if there's a setting called "chat features". If there is, click it and enable them. If there isn't, you cant get read or typing indicators sadly. I've seen posts from other members claiming they can enable chat features on their phones but I can't on my S10e in the stock samsung messages app.

Android messages works for pretty much everyone though.
0 Likes
Halston
Options
Others

Hi AuxShr,

Please follow the below steps and check:
Open Messaging app >> Click on 3 dots(Top right corner) >> Settings >> Chat features >> toggle OFF (left) Enable chat features >> restart device.

Thank you JohnH, for sharing the information.

0 Likes
AuxShr
Active Level 3
Others
I don't see chat feature
0 Likes
keagan
Options
Others

Thanks Tallman.

Hi AuxShr, I suggest you to please check with your carrier about this feature as suggested by @Tallman.

0 Likes
Others
@AuxShr - If you don't see Chat feature, sounds like your ISP not support RCS? Maybe check with your carrier?
Members_C1rHYzH
Beginner Level 2
Others

yes it is

0 Likes