Samsung begins Stable One UI 5.0 update rollout based on Android 13 operating system for Galaxy S22, Galaxy S22 Plus, and Galaxy S22 Ultra. Interestingly, the update is currently released in Italy, while we are guessing a wider rollout, at least in Europe, in the coming hours.
According to TuttoAndroid, Samsung will start a wider One UI 5.0 update deployment on October 24. Not only the Galaxy S22 but the Galaxy Z Fold 4 and Galaxy Z Flip 4 devices are also listed to get the Stable One UI 5.0 update on the same day.
Going further with the report, Samsung Italy revealed that the Android 13-based One UI 5.0 iteration focuses on bringing upgrades in 6 key factors of the software system including:
- New look for icons and illustrations
- New call pop-up and new notification layout
- New management for device customization (blocking screen, backgrounds, new layout for widgets)
- Productivity optimization (improved multitasking, new ability to extract and scan text, optimized Samsung Dex and Samsung Notes, Connected Devices)
- Optimized routine mode, new Sleep mode
- Optimizing privacy and security
The author of the blog managed to get his hands on the Stable Android 13 update for the Galaxy S22 Ultra, which will be rolled out to Public later tomorrow.
The Stable firmware bears build version S908BXXU2BVJA for the Galaxy S22 Ultra, while the Galaxy S22 and S22 Plus’ build can be identified via version numbers: S901BXXU2BVJA, and S906BXXU2BVJA, respectively.
Thank you, butete, for sharing this news about the roll-out of stable Android 13 to some selected Samsung Galaxy devices. And what's worth mentioning is your enthusiasm to one day give your device this new complete upgrade.