cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Best practices for backing up photos and videos?

(Topic created on: 10-10-2022 09:57 AM)
Edi987
Beginner Level 2
Options
Photography
Hello All! Regarding the question in the title, would like to check on the various best practices that you have, be in app you use (do you solely use only 1 app) or how you structure your backup system such that you can quickly access your media yet have sufficient phone storage space. Thanks!

PS: Im using Samsung 21 Ultra
0 Likes
8 Comments
Photography
Hi...

Just use Microsoft One Drive cos its the back up app Samsung officially tie up with to use in their phones and tablets...

If you like me have both phones and tablets then it's even more better cos it will auto sync your photos to your tablets after u taken it on your phone.

If u only Samsung phone alone then u can either use One Drive or Google photos...

Hope this helps...

Pls kindly click the 3 dots on the right hand side of my comment and press "Accept Solution" if you feel that my solution is useful to you

Thanks and Cheers...!!!
0 Likes
JP19
Expert Level 3
Photography
Previously, I used Google Photos to back up. However, ever since Google incorporated the storage of Google Photos into the free 15 GB Google Drive storage, I stopped using that and will keep all my photos in my phone. Afterall, my phone storage had 512 GB back then.
0 Likes
VDHRT
Active Level 1
Photography
I alway use Google Photos, it's smarter from my experience... If I want to look for photos for specific person/place/time, I can easily look for it.
0 Likes
Edi987
Beginner Level 2
Photography
Ahh! So do you clear them off your phone regularly too?
0 Likes
VDHRT
Active Level 1
Photography
For big sized videos I usually clear them off once not used.

But nowadays you are using 256GB device at minimum, unless you are a video content creator. The storage will last you for a couple of years
0 Likes
donutsX
Active Level 5
Photography
Google Photos. The issue that i find with Microsoft's OneDrive is that their upload and download is rather slow compared to Google's.
0 Likes
Photography
Still sticking to my Note 20 Ultra due to their ability for an SD Card.
JP19
Expert Level 3
Photography
That's a good idea. SD card cost way cheaper in the long term.
0 Likes