Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Globe's Bundled Freebies

(Topic created on: 11-26-2020 06:30 AM)
DocEbong
Active Level 3
Options
Promotions
I don't think I am the only one affected with Globe Telecom's non-compliance to its published Promo of bundled freebies.
The N20U negotiated last September 2020 came with a free Samsung Care+ for 12 months AND a P5K eVoucher.
The eVoucher has never been awarded yet, and this is worrisome when we know that redemption period is until end of November.
And it's impossible to call Globe directly while it's almost useless to rely on emails and messengers, knowing how "good" they are in attending to our concerns thru those channels.
My frantic communications with both Samsung and Globe have been disappointingly futile.
Are we being scammed??
5K is at least a consolation for the "shortchanging" that Samsung and Globe are doing to us with the selling of a device with lesser specs (with what they sell elsewhere) at such same premium price.
To all those who are similarly affected with this fiasco, are we taking this matter simply sitting down?
Wala bang may malapit na kaibigan ng taga DTI dito? 🙂 

6 Comments
Kenobijim
Active Level 4
Promotions
You can raise this in their GlobeOne app and they'll call you the next day.
0 Likes
DocEbong
Active Level 3
Promotions
been contacting them thru all the channels that i know, many times, and still no resolution. lucky if they'd call back at all!
best response? "ako na po mismo ang magpa follow up nito..." after days? Im still hearing crickets... 😞
0 Likes
Kenobijim
Active Level 4
Promotions
I had the same experience with Globe but with their GCash and it took me more than a year to solve my issue which is only worth 500 pesos.
I hope yours get solved soon. My experience nowadays with my Postpaid account is quite nice. If I raise a concern with them regarding my bill, they do not call me, they just adjust right away. So, I'm still hopeful yours can be solved soon.
0 Likes
DocEbong
Active Level 3
Promotions
Finally received the 5K evoucher in my email yesterday (after spending a lot of time and emotions, short-EQ'd as I am, and after deciding to just be cool and hopeful and compliant with directions, after months of initial frustrations).
I applied it to purchase those Buds Live, which gave me an outright 5K discount plus a battery pack and that BTS postcard....
was one click away from completing the purchase, when it hit a snag...
it said the postcard could not be delivered to the address provided, pls change the address...
WHAAT???
what do i care about that bts thing?
But with that issue, I could not proceed with the transaction!
Retried about twice more, and same outcome...
Chatted with Samsung, and they're reescalating the matter again...
Breath in... breath out...
i got the reassurance my voucher won't vanish into thin air from all those repeated unsuccessful transactions.
0 Likes
DocEbong
Active Level 3
Promotions
And so!!!
I thought I had a good birthday treat (12/10) when Samsung finally emailed me (12/09) the the EVoucher Redemption code. Sadly, while the code worked (less 5K indeed!), there was problem with the processing of the order (my delivery address was always rejected, even if I had to input all the Barangays in Tagbilaran). Chatted with Samsung many times; in spite the promise that they'd call back, I became proactive calling them for follow up (they never called...).
Finally I was awakened by a call (Kuya Mike daw sya sa troubleshooting department!), and after initial hesitations (di kaya scam ito? naghihingi ng code eh), I cooperated, and hoped for the best...
Together we explored the possible solutions (it even hit a snag coz it said the Code has already been redeemed!!!).
It took anothe call and another call by Kuya Mike, (about 2 hours apart), until he was able to give me another Code... it was rejected... he let me hold the line to call his boss... and gave me another one to try on...
and VOILA!
Everything worked this time!
Purchase was SUCCESSFUL ! (less 5K, plus another set of freebies).
All my thanks goes to Kuya Mike and his team.
My faith in humanity (naks!) was once again restored.
Of course I had also to apologize to them for my "pagtataray moments" in my past calls, out of sheer frustrations.
So! My Birthday maybe a lil bit "ruined", but Happy na rin ang Merry Christmas ko.
Kuya Mike acknowledges the presence of all sorts of reactions from both happy and discontented clients and they have been trained how to handle all of them. He just encourages the customers/clients to be patient, to keep the lines open, initialize the follow-ups if possible, as there may still be solutions/resolutions to our concerns.
All is well, my heartaches and near-misses (hehe) associated with this aspect of my life are all forgiven.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year indeed! - to one and all.
0 Likes
DocEbong
Active Level 3
Promotions
CASE CLOSED!
Received today the Galaxy Buds live which I ordered availing the 5K eVoucher that was bundled with my purchase of N20U from Globe last September 30, 2020.
Package came with a bundled powerbank.
After months of emotional roller-coaster following up the claim for the Samsung eVoucher, glitches and all, I have completely claimed all the freebies bundled with the N20U order.
Salamat sa Globe, and Maraming Salamat sa Samsung Customer Service team, esp Kuya Mike, the last Samsung guy I talked to whi made it sort of his last Christmas mission to have my case resolved for good and to have that gadget delivered at my doorstep.
Goodbye heartaches of 2020, hello freshness, 2021!

20210109_143502_48136.jpg

0 Likes