Original topic:

Samsung made their refrigerators unrepairable

(Topic created on: 01-25-2022 12:14 PM)
Glenj
Beginner Level 2
Options
Promotions

I have a fridge that's just over 4 years old and it was deemed unrepairable by a Samsung certified tech.  Apparently Samsung started making fridges with R600 coolant which is explosive and no one in my city has the ability to touch them.  The Samsung website says sealed system issues are covered for 5 years, but I was just told by a customer service representative this is only in the US and my only option is to take the fridge to the dump and buy one new.  Clearly Samsung is not willing to cover this in Canada (at all) because these fridges are not repairable.  This is both a request for Samsung to be reasonable and understand throwing a $3500 fridge in a landfill after 4 years is not okay, and a warning to anyone buying Samsung products to consider the fact that they might not be repairable (the tech literally wasn't able to take the back off to find out what the problem was).

0 Likes
1 Comment
Valeriya
Options
Promotions

Hi Glenj, I suggest you to reach out to Text We Care (932 273) or live chat support with the bill of sale as well as the service report.

Here is the link: https://www.samsung.com/ca/livechat