Original topic:

Unfair deals

(Topic created on: 04-06-2022 05:07 AM)
veeru
Active Level 1
Options
Promotions
Hello fellow members,
I wanted to get your attention to the topic that how two regions so close yet get so different deals. US got 200 dollar credit and double storage whereas canada got just double the storage. As per me thats not fair as i have been with samsung since s8 plus.
0 Likes
5 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Promotions
I understand your frustration..however Canada has a population of 38 million aprox and the USA has 332 million aprox.
As with just about everything with all large international corporations the size of the market and potential clients dictates the perks/rewards given.
GG2
Expert Level 3
Promotions
True, but we're also left behind with beta programs, last in software updates, the worst trade-in deals, non existent customer support, ridiculous pre-orders, an over priced Samsung web site with nothing in stock, clueless live agents that make you wait hours and hours and close the chat when it's finally your turn OR they don't have a clue what they're talking about, forum moderators that keep deleting posts if you criticize Samsung along with their continuous robotic responses ... I could go on and on. Sometimes i wonder why we keep supporting this company after all the hassles their "valued" customers go through!
0 Likes
jokkir
Active Level 6
Promotions
@Vicintoronto is right and it's not really too surprising considering the size of the market in Canada vs USA. I forgot the exact figures I was given but America completely overshadows Canada and makes sense that higher ups in Samsung give much more priority there. I actually saw it first hand a few years back when I went to a Samsung event.

A lot of questions here can honestly be answered with Samsung Canada doesn't get enough resources so a lot of things are constrained like beta programs since that needs manpower to do (not to excuse the less than ideal things they've done because they definitely could have been better but understanding where they're coming from).
0 Likes
GG2
Expert Level 3
Promotions
Im not disagreeing with @Vicintoronto, he's absolutely right in what he said. Samsung puts out great products no doubt, but for the rest, they really need alot of work which has nothing to do with market size, customer support being one of them. We may be smaller than the US, doesn't mean we should be treated any less as customers.
0 Likes
jokkir
Active Level 6
Promotions
Yup totally agree. Hoping this does improve soon and all the discontent here sends signals to the higher ups in Samsung Korea to put a bit more priority for us here and improve things for consumers in Canada.