Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Wrong apps opening up.

(Topic created on: 12-05-2019 02:13 PM)
0xKyle
Active Level 4
Options
Questions
Anyone else having an issue where if they click an app icon to open it a completely different app will sometimes open?

I clicked on the Samsung Internet icon and Samsung Smart Things opened.

One time I clicked on the Play Store icon and my Authy app opened.

Already reported the bug.
5 Comments
SamsungUSABetaTeam
Community Manager
Options
Questions

Thank you for your post. We appreciate your contribution to the Beta community.

0 Likes
Tel864
Active Level 8
Questions
No I haven't had that happen. That's sort of odd and I don't recall seeing anyone post about it either.
0 Likes
Tel864
Active Level 8
Questions
It would definitely be worth clearing the system cache partition.
0 Likes
blueline
Beginner Level 2
Questions
I had that happen also. I thought at the time that my fat fingers were the cause but your post made me realize it wasn't me. Haven't experienced it recently
0 Likes
caleb_unleashed
Beginner Level 3
Questions

I am also having this issue on my Samsung Galaxy S22. I click on one app, and another app opens instead. I cannot reproduce it, but it happens very often for me - about twice per day.

I think I have spotted a pattern, that I click on say "Messages" and it opens "Web", which was the last App that I had open.

It's so bloody annoying, considering getting a different device. I had the same issue with my Samsung Galaxy S10e.

I would suspect that this is a difficult and intermittent bug that would be challenging for Samsung Devs to fix, if ever. Judging by the lack of people complaining online, I'd say this is a permanent issue you'd need to either get use to or switch to another device.

0 Likes