Original topic:

Gallery 'free up phone space' feature

(Topic created on: 03-09-2022 02:12 PM)
Scowie
Active Level 1
Options
Samsung Account
Hey,

I noticed there is a feature in the gallery called 'free up phone space' which effectively makes your gallery files online only via the one drive sync. I remember before one drive got with Samsung, this feature used to run through Samsung cloud, and was quite good because you could select which particular folders/images you wanted to make online only. Does anyone know how to make this happen any more?

Thank you
8 Comments
Samsung Account
Hi @Scowie,
Sadly, Samsung no longer offers it's own cloud storage for photos and videos.

You may need to check One Drive, to see if it can do what you're wanting. I can't help, as I don't use it.
0 Likes
Scowie
Active Level 1
Samsung Account
Yeah, I was forced into one drive when Samsung cloud shut, and it's annoying as I only want to have a select few folders made online only.

Are you suggesting I costs t a Microsoft help forum?
0 Likes
Samsung Account
Someone else that's familiar with one drive might be able to help here, but it wouldn't hurt to check the Microsoft forums too.

Have you tried Google photos? That's another option to try.
Scowie
Active Level 1
Samsung Account
OK cool.

Yeah I die try google photos but wasn't a fan of it
0 Likes
SamsungLaura
Options
Samsung Account

Hi @Scowie, as mentioned by @Dolgogi, Samsung transitioned to One Drive for cloud backup services. 

Please try the following:

Gallery > ⋮ > Settings > Sync with OneDrive > Albums

0 Likes
Scowie
Active Level 1
Samsung Account
Hey Laura,

I currently use one drive and it's great in most aspects. Currently my whole gallery is synced to the cloud. However due to a lack of SD card I'm running out of space on my phone and would like for a select few albums of my total gallery to be online only, whilst maintaining the whole album as being synced and backed up on the cloud. There used to be a choice to select a specific album to be online only, however now with one drive it's all or nothing
0 Likes
Bhorav
Beginner Level 3
Samsung Account

Hi Laura,

is it possible to have it as a feature request?

Right now i have the same issue where I am getting the option to delete all offline stuff and no option to choose which stuff I can delete offline to free up space.

It would be great if we could sort by Size, date etc to choose what to free up.

0 Likes
SamsungClaudette
Community Manager
Options
Samsung Account

Hey @Bhorav

Thank you for your feedback. Unfortunately that is not an option. You would need to delete the images manually. 

Kind Regards,
SamsungClaudette

0 Likes