Original topic:

Samsung Care+ from Samsung Online Unable to Activate

(Topic created on: 09-07-2022 03:57 PM)
OzBestDeal
Active Level 3
Options
Samsung Account

Hi all,

I'm reading lots of bad posts about Samsung Care+, but I'm willing to explore my options.

I got a free Samsung Care+ with my S22 purchase, however I cannot activate the Samsung Care+ subscription, nor getting Welcome email for Samsung Care+.

I had a chat with Samsung Care+ support which says the IMEI and subscription are not registered on their system, and direct me to Samsung Online support.
Samsung Online support advise me to complete "Device Registration" on https://asurion.samsungcareplus.com.au which failed with error "Your IMEI is not matched with your enrolled IMEI. I have to transfer your issue to our Customer Support."

I then emailed my registration details to support@samsungcareplus.com.au together with receipt and ID for manual enrollment, however I got no response for a week now.

Did anyone know what's the proper enrollment procedure for Samsung Care+. There seems no information at all regarding this enrollment process, and we assume that our device purchased together with Samsung Care+ are automatically enrolled.

0 Likes
4 Comments
Troubadour
Active Level 10
Samsung Account
In the long run if you get really annoyed consider the advice below relating to a different issue, quoted from one of my other posts. If you have access to Choice read up on their views on extended warranties, don't know what issue, fairly recent. If you have a library card you can read online subject to yiour library having a subscription, most do.
"Complain to the Telecommunications Industry Ombudsman - TIO. Be aware the TIO requires evidence of your efforts to resolve so describe your problems and actions very clearly. You could go one of two ways, advise them that you are going to the TIO or go TIO first and advise Asurion that a case has been submitted. The latter might be better because they must receive lots of threats of intention to go to the TIO without users actually doing this..If you can be bothered search Asurion in these pages and use what you find to improve your case,"
0 Likes
OzBestDeal
Active Level 3
Samsung Account

Thanks for sharing your view.

Yes I agree it is very frustrating experience, especially that Samsung Care+ is a third party service piggy back on Samsung name, it means Samsung won't care how bad their service are, and won't provide any assistance.

TIO might decline the problems as it is not related to telecommunication industry, but FairTrading might be interested if there's enough pressure.

0 Likes
Fureien
Active Level 1
Samsung Account
I went through alot of pain and 2hr call with support before I figured it out

Samsung care has a separate domain for Australia

Its
https://asurion.samsungcareplus.com.au/

You need to complete the form for post purchase declaration which requires 3 photos of ur receipt, back of device and your phone settings showing imei within About

I cant remember if the second registration was also required but nonetheless once finding this site its quick and simple

The issue is that the page is not linked anywhere for Australian customers

Your Samsung members app profile will update to show your status after confirmation

They wont send any email
0 Likes
OzBestDeal
Active Level 3
Samsung Account
I did those couple weeks ago. To complicate things further, I ordered a custom colour, which take around 4-5 weeks to arrive. Asurion site only allows registration for certain days after the purchase, which definitely doesn't consider 4-5 weeks delivery time.
To progress further I just put in the delivery date when I received the phone.

It seems registration just got ignored and when I tried to register again, I got error "According to our records, You have already submitted declaration form, Please proceed with the swap request."

I was on the chat with Samsung Care+ support again and they said they want to check the registration and get back to me. I haven't heard anything from them since
0 Likes