Original topic:

smart things

(Topic created on: 04-30-2022 08:32 PM)
Nate_Dawg
Active Level 1
Options
Samsung Account

Nate_Dawg_0-1651314598118.png

It is running in the background thats the thing. no matter what i do this is all i get. samsung can you assist please

8 Comments
SamsungLaura
Options
Samsung Account

Hi @Nate_Dawg, to clarify; is this a notification that is popping up regularly despite the fact that SmartThings is already running in the background? 

I suggest sending an error report within 2-3 minutes of the issue occurring for this to be investigated. Error reports are sent to our team to identify any deviations in your device performance, once analysed, our team will get back to you with a response to advise further. 

To send an error report:

Samsung Members > Get help > Error reports > select issue category > describe issue and frequency > Tick ‘send system log data’ > Send in top right.

0 Likes
Nate_Dawg
Active Level 1
Samsung Account
Hi @SamsungLaura, thank you for your advice. Can an error report be generated from a computer? I will try and send a error repor if so
0 Likes
SamsungLaura
Options
Samsung Account

Hi @Nate_Dawg, alternatively you can use the Smart Things app on desktop and go to Menu > Contact Us 

0 Likes
Nate_Dawg
Active Level 1
Samsung Account

Nate_Dawg_2-1652758497410.png

no smart things app desktop menu?????????????????????

0 Likes
Nate_Dawg
Active Level 1
Samsung Account

i can not progress past this

Nate_Dawg_3-1652758578878.png

0 Likes
Nate_Dawg
Active Level 1
Samsung Account

Nate_Dawg_4-1652760336283.png

app is running in background

0 Likes
SamsungLaura
Options
Samsung Account

That's strange. Can you go to Task Manager and stop SmartThings then try again? 

To do this:

Ctrl + Alt + Delete > Task Manager > Right click 'Smart Things' > End process

0 Likes
Nate_Dawg
Active Level 1
Samsung Account
Hi i tried your suggestion and still hasn't fixed the issue i get the same message as previously sent
0 Likes