Original topic:

Two-step verification

(Topic created on: 06-18-2021 01:14 PM)
jamesfaus
Beginner Level 2
Options
Samsung Account

I am trying to sort out Two-step verification notifications. my account has my old Samsung Galaxy S7 edge and my new Tab S6 Tablet getting notifications. But my phone I have been using for years is the S9 Plus.

It is listed as a device I log in on along with my watch in the listed device list, but not for the two step notification.

How can I add or change so the S9 phone is one of the devices that gets the security code.

I don't want to deregister the S7 phone as I still have it on sometimes. I just want to be able to have my S9 Plus being one of the devices to use as well I suppose the S6 Tablet. But there is no where on the website or even the phone add or edit the devices to get the code. I can disable the Galaxy S7 edge  in the verification code list, but that just leave the Tab S6 listed

Also I fail to understand how did the Tab S6 even get to be a device when I had the S9 Plus years earlier. And my S7 Edge was the phone before I got the S9. How did the S9 not be one of the devices listed to get a code.

I am forced to use this, but you fail to allow be to edit the devices I can get it on.

I mean in the settings there is a phone number that goes to my S9 Plus phone, yet it seems to send the codes  to my Tab S6 tablet via the wifi through the Samsung app?

0 Likes
1 Comment
tunatrain
Active Level 1
Samsung Account

i think cause two step verification u can put preference for which way it verifies, so if its code or phone no. but if u already tried and doesn't work, i reckon you should call them and ask if they can change it for u

0 Likes